Elvas Tower: Drawings for the Pensylvania Railroad's Class J1 2-10-4 - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Drawings for the Pensylvania Railroad's Class J1 2-10-4 Rate Topic: -----

#1 Inactive_kelticsylk_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:19 PM

http://www.elvastowe...code=sst&id=671
File Name: Drawings for the Pensylvania Railroad's Class J1 2-10-4
File Submitter: kelticsylk
File Submitted: 15 May 2009
File Updated: 29 Aug 2009
File Category: Modeling Reference Material (handbooks, drawings, photos, maps, etc.)

Drawings for the Pensylvania Railroad's Class J1 2-10-4 "Texas" type steam locomotive

Drawings courtesy of Carstens Publications and Railroad Model Craftsman Magazine, July 1960

Original File Name = PRR_J1_Texas.zip

Click here to download this file

#2 User is offline   Chile Bill 

• 1946-2011 R.I.P.
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 16 May 2009 - 02:16 PM

For anyone wondering about the legality of this upload being reproduced from RMC;

Here is an email received from Hal Carstens:

Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 11:06 AM
To: Bill Smith
Subject: Re: Copyright info...

If the use is noncommercial, no problem. If you're going to kit the design, it would
be only fair to work with the designer.
Hal Carstens
----- Original Message -----
To: hal@carstens-publications.com
Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2003 9:04 AM
Subject: Copyright info...

Sir;

I think I already know the answer, but I will ask anyway. Is it permitted to scan plans and/or photos
from old issues of RMC (circa 1950) to send to a model designer? I know that this is copyrighted
material
and I do not want to infringe on your company rights to this information. These plans and photos are
intended to be used for the development of models for Microsoft Train Simulator. One other question
about the copyrights on this info. Is this covered under international copyright laws?

Thank you, in advance;

Bill Smith

#3 Inactive_kelticsylk_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 30 May 2009 - 07:05 PM

Bill,
Thanks for posting that. I had heard in the past that Carstens was open to sharing the plans. Model Railroader takes a totally opposite stance. No reproduction allowed. If you want an old drawing you have to buy the old magazine. Fortunately, there is no restriction on who you buy the magazine from.

#4 User is offline   Chile Bill 

• 1946-2011 R.I.P.
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 31 May 2009 - 02:24 AM

kelticsylk, on May 30 2009, 11:05 PM, said:

Bill,
Thanks for posting that. I had heard in the past that Carstens was open to sharing the plans. Model Railroader takes a totally opposite stance. No reproduction allowed. If you want an old drawing you have to buy the old magazine. Fortunately, there is no restriction on who you buy the magazine from.

I was not only impressed that I received permission but that the reply came directly from Hal Carstens.

Kalmback, on the other hand sent a form letter from a clerk with an answer something like this:
"You cannot use anything we publish for anything because we are in this for the money, not the hobby. Now if you want to get out your credit card or checkbook, we can talk."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users