• Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:18 AM

http://www.elvastowe...code=sst&id=334
File Name: Chinese Class C2 0-8-0 tender loco & mini hoppers
File Submitter: captain_bazza
File Submitted: 10 Jul 2008
File Category: Narrow Gauge

Chinese narrow gauge locomotive and tender, with three mini-hopper wagons. These models are 2:1 scale, or X2 scale, and are meant for the Welsh Ffestiniog route which uses default TS gauge track as 2'5'' narrow gauge.

Although the file is labeled beta1, it is in fact release version 1.0. You should read the instructions inside the ZIP. There are a number of zipped files in the archive, make sure you do read the instructions first.

I regard this locomotive as one of the best I've done, it runs as it should and it looks as it should. My thanks to Hadrians, who assisted with the physics and beta testing.

The locomotive, tender and wagons have ((BazzaMotion)) but the tender has a little extra, check out the suspension, you'll see it work!!

Please respect the EULA condition, no reskinning, thank you.

Cheers Bazza

Original File Name = Bazza_C2_2_beta1.zip

Click here to download this file

#2 User is offline   Former Member 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:14 PM

Dear Author!
I just have downloaded your Chinese narrow-gauge loco 0-8-0 (or 0-4-0 in my continental Europe :wub:). So I should say some about it. I'm from Pland - the first and... I saw this loco and I knew it very good! It is simply Px49 built in "Fablok" Locomotive Works in Chrzanow, Poland 1949! It's very possible, that Chinese copied (they are marvellous i copying everything :D) this original Polish loco later... But I saw our Px49 in your model... Px49 were built in Fablok Works rather only for export to China, USSR , Bulgaria and other communist countries. Only few machines were working in Poland. Polish verosion (for Polish routes) was very similar but other - with 4-axle tender for ex. The series name of this version was Px48.
So I very, very thaks You! You have built the most fameus Polish narrow-gauge loco! Do you know it?
Wojtek kolejar

#3 User is offline   captain_bazza 

• Chairman, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:52 PM

Hello Wojtek, thank you for the kind comments, I'm glad you like the C2. I agree with you, it is a Chinese version of a very widespread locomotive class, which I read there were over 4,500 made, making them the largest class of steam locomotive.

I first saw a photograph of these in one of my train encyclopedias and marked it in my mind as a possible project for TS. (I believe it was Polish) It wasn't until I fell in love with the C2, through seeing photographs and video clips of them in operation in China, that really pushed me into building this fascinating locomotive.

The rescaled version for 3ft gauge track I just did made the locomotive oversized, so I'm going to rescale it back so it's wheels are just inside the 3ft gauge, a small price to pay for making the locomotive fit more into it's surroundings for 1:1 scale. (It turned out taller by a few cm than the K27. LOL :-)

As far as reskinning into typical Polish colours (black, with red trim, etc) black does not look good in TS, so it would take some work to strike a colour that looks black, but allows the other details to stand out.

Cheers Bazza

#4 User is offline   captain_bazza 

Post icon  Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:58 PM

Although I posted some internet URLs to C2 related sites and videoclips, I haven't done this for the East European versions of the C2. I had bookmarked these on my other computer during research and they included Polish and Russian sites, so The Truth is Out There in cyberspace if anyone cares to Google and youtube them.

Unfortunately, we have no true scale track for a 1:1 scale C2.

Cheers Bazza

#5 User is offline   Former Member 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:49 PM

View Postcaptain_bazza, on Oct 18 2008, 04:52 AM, said:

Hello Wojtek, thank you for the kind comments, I'm glad you like the C2. I agree with you, it is a Chinese version of a very widespread locomotive class, which I read there were over 4,500 made, making them the largest class of steam locomotive.

I first saw a photograph of these in one of my train encyclopedias and marked it in my mind as a possible project for TS. (I believe it was Polish) It wasn't until I fell in love with the C2, through seeing photographs and video clips of them in operation in China, that really pushed me into building this fascinating locomotive.

The rescaled version for 3ft gauge track I just did made the locomotive oversized, so I'm going to rescale it back so it's wheels are just inside the 3ft gauge, a small price to pay for making the locomotive fit more into it's surroundings for 1:1 scale. (It turned out taller by a few cm than the K27. LOL :-)

As far as reskinning into typical Polish colours (black, with red trim, etc) black does not look good in TS, so it would take some work to strike a colour that looks black, but allows the other details to stand out.

Cheers Bazza

Hello Captain!
Yes... All You've written it's true. I can only add, that Chinese locos are "communist" typical - like normal gauge Diesels are the Chinese versions of famous in Eastern Europe "Lugansk" - now Ukraine types (Diesel engines "Kolomna" Russia) - the locos named "Taiga Trommel" in Germany :wub: (DB 232 or 234 series). So narrow gauge 040 (0-8-0 USA) steams have really Polish origin! Sorry, if I made a mistake in type - I saw Px49 in your loco in the first but maybe it is Kp4? Px49 were built rather for 750 mm gauge and Kp4 were a lighter version for 600 mm gauge (forestry and sugar-factories railways in Poland). Both types of locos were built in thousands (!) for railways in Soviet World. The prototype of these narrow gauge steamers was former "independant" Polish Px29 (built 1929). See - for ex. Polish "H. Cegielski" Works in Poznan built 899 Russian normal gauge locos ER series for the Soviet Railways 1949-1957! And something about electric locos... Do you know what is the largest class of e-locos? There are PKP ET22 "The Bull" built in Pafawag - Wroclaw (my city - Wroclaw - Breslau), now Bombardier-Pafawag! But it is only Polish unusualness - English licence 1961. The most of "communist" locos were built by "Skoda" Works in Plzen, Czech Rep. (specially for Soviet Railways).
Once more Great Thanks you for your model! I know problems of MSTS looking of Polish black steam-painting... Fortunately normal gauge express and passenger locos are not so black - something dark-olive... But I have a problem of boiler details view of freight Ty51 for ex...
Now I'll try to send you the photo of Polish Px49 I made like a young boy in 1978 near my city...
Yours Wojtek
Thanks for your MSTS ship models!!!Attached File  Px49.jpg (180.26K)
Number of downloads: 0

#6 User is offline   captain_bazza 

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:49 PM

The C2's 0-8-0 design is universal, being similar in most details to its Eastern European cousins. The PX49 would make a fine model, too. I have never seen a photograph before of a steam locomotive with two very large headlights.

I must finish another ship model I have been working off and on for years.

Cheers Bazza

#7 User is offline   CRQ5508 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:51 PM

It's a beautifully done model. I don't think that sounded excited and enthusiastic enough. I can't express how awesome it is. Just to really see the size difference of using standard gauge track as 3ft gauge, I looked at it in shapeview, next to a standard gauge 0-8-0, and it towers over it! Now I need to find this route you mentioned. Do you know off hand where it may be downloaded or purchased? Thanks! And again, beautiful work on your masterpiece :party:

#8 User is offline   captain_bazza 

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:39 PM

CRQ5508, thanks, I really enjoyed making that model and the 'other' version of (unreleased). They were built for the Welsh Ffestiniog route, it's available via UKTS and it is freeware. If you're really wanting it, I don't see any problem making it available to you via rapidshare. (Not Torrent).

I tried rescaling it for 3ft gauge, but it doesn't look right, the original being something like 2ft 6in, the Ffestiog is actuallly scaled X2.

Cheers Bazza

#9 User is offline   CRQ5508 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:53 AM

View Postcaptain_bazza, on Jan 25 2009, 12:39 AM, said:

CRQ5508, thanks, I really enjoyed making that model and the 'other' version of (unreleased). They were built for the Welsh Ffestiniog route, it's available via UKTS and it is freeware. If you're really wanting it, I don't see any problem making it available to you via rapidshare. (Not Torrent).

I tried rescaling it for 3ft gauge, but it doesn't look right, the original being something like 2ft 6in, the Ffestiog is actuallly scaled X2.

Cheers Bazza

If you could send it to me, that'd be great. Not having a payed account at UKTS, it can take quite some time for even a small download to complete :party: Thank you!

Oh, and you can call me Tom B)

#10 User is offline   captain_bazza 

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:23 AM

Ooops, a gentle reminder to myself I gotta dig up the original file for this route....

Cheers Bazza n sorry for the delay.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users