Elvas Tower: Opening and closing trainset windows - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Opening and closing trainset windows Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   VAPOR3D 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 22 May 2023 - 09:11 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 18 May 2023 - 08:13 AM, said:

I have now tested Geoff's and Vapor3D models, and by slightly adapting .eng, .cvf, and 3Dcab .s file to adhere to the specs defined in the two posts in this thread, I could have them (and the OR code) working. I owe a big thank you to both. What is still out (also as code) is having window animations for carriages.

Please note that the specs have been partly modified and extended.

I can now proceed to the generation of the new ORNYMG release including this feature.
The feature is foreseen also for the official releases, once it is a bit consolidated and PRs #823 and #825 are reviewed and merged, which requires previous approval of their blueprints. These PRs are a prerequisite for the window animation feature.

Hello!

Well, Carlo, I have downloaded 142.1, updated the part names to the correct ones, compiled the file and the windows, both model and 3d cockpit windows work. I have also incorporated the sound triggers for the windows and they work as well, as well as changing the volume of the exterior sounds depending on whether the windows are opened or closed.

What doesn't work, is using the windows themselves (or their handles in this case) as control mechanisms for the windows manageable directly with the mouse.

It would be very interesting to do this, since in the doors there is no problem to use the handles themselves to operate them. Leaving this small detail aside, in locomotives with two fans in the cab, they could be manipulated independently using the ITEM1 and ITEM2 system for it.

Thanks to you, it's a pleasure to collaborate to improve the simulator in any way!

#22 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 23 May 2023 - 05:22 AM

You can add the commands of the window handles (although I don't see where the handles are in this window). This is available in Geoff's 3D cab and it works. Here the related controls, which must have their counterpart in the 3Dcab .s file animations, for his cab
		TwoState (
			Type ( ORTS_LEFTWINDOW TWO_STATE )
			Position ( 120 425 30 21 )
			Graphic ( cab.ace )
			NumFrames ( 2 2 1 )
			Style ( ONOFF )
			MouseControl ( 1 )
			)
		TwoState (
			Type ( ORTS_RIGHTWINDOW TWO_STATE )
			Graphic ( cab.ace )
			NumFrames ( 2 2 1 )
			Style ( ONOFF )
			MouseControl ( 1 )
			)

Carlo

#23 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 12 June 2023 - 11:04 AM

Besides ORNYMG, the feature is now present also in Unstable release U2023.06.12-1852, which should be available for download within half an hour.

#24 User is offline   VAPOR3D 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 15 June 2023 - 05:38 PM

View PostCsantucci, on 23 May 2023 - 05:22 AM, said:

You can add the commands of the window handles (although I don't see where the handles are in this window). This is available in Geoff's 3D cab and it works. Here the related controls, which must have their counterpart in the 3Dcab .s file animations, for his cab
		TwoState (
			Type ( ORTS_LEFTWINDOW TWO_STATE )
			Graphic ( cab.ace )
			NumFrames ( 2 2 1 )
			Style ( ONOFF )
			MouseControl ( 1 )
			)
		TwoState (
			Type ( ORTS_RIGHTWINDOW TWO_STATE )
			Graphic ( cab.ace )
			NumFrames ( 2 2 1 )
			Style ( ONOFF )
			MouseControl ( 1 )
			)

Carlo

Fantastic Carlo. I have tested it and it works perfectly! A very interesting improvement, now it will be implemented in all models.

#25 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 19 June 2023 - 11:21 PM

Up to now support for windows animation was available only for locomotives.
Now also support for windows animation in carriages is being introduced in ORNYMG and in the Unstable release.
One window to the left and one window to the right of the carriage may be animated. They can be opened and closed only via keyboard (Ctrl-Q for left window and Ctrl-Shift-Q for right window, as for locomotives).
An important requirement is that the carriage must have only the main shape file (no passenger view shape file). This main shape file can include also the inside structure of the carriage; note that when a .wag or .eng file has an Inside block defined, and such block doesn't include a line specifying the .s file, Openrails will use the main shape file to display the inside. So such shape file will display the window animation both with the passenger camera (inside view) and with the external cameras (outside views).
In the main shape file the name of the animations are LEFTWINDOWFRONT and RIGHTWINDOWFRONT.

#26 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 20 June 2023 - 04:13 AM

Feature now available in ORNYMG 143. Instead the whole windows feature it is not available at the moment in Unstable release, due to a conflict with a preceding PR (#829), which will disappear when such PR will be merged.

#27 User is offline   Traindude 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 20 June 2023 - 06:41 PM

Hopefully in the future, animated windows (and doors) in separate passenger view shape files can be implemented...

#28 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 20 June 2023 - 11:22 PM

Hello.

My link

It's not animated, but it's a different sight. Seasonal windows.
The windows are open in summer and autumn. Closed during other seasons. Even in the rain with the Rain folder.
These cars were heated with coal stoves. Unfortunately, there is no seasonal smoke effect.

Sincerely, Laci 1959

#29 User is offline   Weter 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 21 June 2023 - 07:32 AM

Though, it have to be. So I've hope on that.

#30 User is offline   Traindude 

• Engineer

Posted 12 July 2023 - 06:44 PM

Something I just thought of--:

On approach to a tunnel, it was customary for the conductor or car attendants to announce that the train was approaching a tunnel, and inform the passengers to close any open windows, to avoid letting smoke and exhaust fumes from the locomotive inside the coaches. Once the train was out of the tunnel, then the widows could be reopened.

Since it was often the passengers' responsibility to close any open windows prior to entering a tunnel, we can potentially simulate this by having any open windows automatically close on approach to a tunnel (determined by either time or distance), and reopen automatically after exiting a tunnel. This would entail the following *.wag file parameters:

ORTSDoWindowsCloseOnApproachToTunnel ( 1 )
ORTSWindowTunnelClosureDistance ( 1320.0ft )
ORTSWindowTunnelReopenDistance ( 1320.0ft )
ORTSWindowTunnelReopenDelay ( 2sec )

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users