• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ACleanTrack DDS missing Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   eric from trainsim 

• Waste Disposal Engineer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 07 May 2023 - 06:14 AM

Maybe I'm just overlooking a hidden setting or something, but when I'm running seriously old old old routes, I'm noticing ORTS is defaulting to DDS textures for acleantrack1 and acleantrack2, and I wind up with grey track just about everywhere.

I don't mind copying over one of my existing track DDS textures for my US routes, but it looks wrong on some of the international routes e.g. England and Scotland.

Can that be overridden? I don't see the checkbox anymore to prefer DDS over ACE.

(and yes, I know I can convert a TGA to DDS or ACE to DDS, but I'm thinking of the less technical folks...)

#2 User is offline   pschlik 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails - Unstable

Posted 07 May 2023 - 09:57 AM

Sounds like the track shapes are specifically looking for .dds textures, which I would guess is related to an installation of a newer TrainSimulations route. When they moved over to OpenRails they started packaging xTracks shapes reprogrammed to look specifically for .dds textures instead of .ace. That sounds fine and dandy until you get to situations like this, where OR sees the .dds is missing and gives up. Normally, if the shape was programmed to look for a .ace, but it wasn't there, it would instead load a .dds of the same name...this just doesn't work in reverse (maybe it should, maybe it shouldn't, not for me to decide).

Best bet is to always install TrainSimulations routes in a separate installation from literally everything else. It's also feasible to reinstall xTracks using the package on TrainSim.com, I believe that will still use .ace files. This might have unintended consequences with the TrainSimulations routes, but when the other choice is to reinstall the TS routes that sounds like a risk worth taking.

#3 User is online   eric from trainsim 

• Waste Disposal Engineer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 07 May 2023 - 01:31 PM

That's possible. I've been installing older routes these days, and probably never noticed because just about everything else is either new or Scalerail.

#4 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 07 May 2023 - 01:51 PM

I do have the 2 acleantrack dds files on my disk, in the global folder of my trainsimulations mini instal.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users