Posted 05 April 2023 - 11:55 AM

I have received the following rather strange warnings in my OR log file:

Warning: {TileX:-6081 TileZ:14925} track node 2296 could not be found in TDB

Warning: {TileX:-6081 TileZ:14925} track node 2301 could not be found in TDB

Warning: {TileX:-6081 TileZ:14925} track node 2302 could not be found in TDB

SWS

Warning: {TileX:-6081 TileZ:14926} track node 8 could not be found in TDB

Warning: {TileX:-6081 TileZ:14926} track node 262 could not be found in TDB

The strange thing is that the track nodes listed do in fact exist in the TDB but on different world tiles from those given in the warnings. I do not know how to remove these warnings because there is no way of searching for an item that OR says cannot be found!

Any ideas will be most welcome.

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 05 April 2023 - 01:38 PM

This thread may provide some help >>> Track nodes cannot be found

#3 User is offline   Kapitaen13 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 06 April 2023 - 01:36 AM

Hi there

I would like to try to offer a solution here, as the linked article does not answer all the questions.
I also don't understand why Bert Wise is not told how to select the switch under the terrain with the TSRE using SETTINGS and Stick Camera To Terrain.

So we start with an error message from a route that is available to me. I do not have a GitHub account.
Warning: {TileX:-5791 TileZ:14803} track node 54 could not be found in TDB

The following message from you should serve as a comparison.
Warning: {TileX:-6081 TileZ:14925} track node 2296 could not be found in TDB

Since the error is not in the TDB, we have to look in the world files. In my case, that would be w-005791+014803.w.
In your route, this is w-006081+014925.w.
We now open this file with a text editor. I use ConText with MSTS HighLightning activated.
In the opened file we now set a search pattern for the Track Node. In my case UiD ( 54 ), in yours UiD ( 2296 ).

https://dat-host.de/images/2023/04/06/Screen-Shot-04-06-23-at-10.38-AM.jpeg

Here we can now locate the exact position of our track (outlined in red).
Now we can start the TSRE track editor to see why there should be a track node error at this position. So we start the TSRE with the route in question. As soon as the route is loaded, we set the camera view exactly vertically downwards. This helps to find the track.

https://dat-host.de/images/2023/04/06/Screen-Shot-04-06-23-at-10.32-AM.jpeg

In the TSRE Navi Window we now search for the track we are looking for. To do this, we first enter the tile x and tile y coordinates (outlined in red) and then camera x (outlined in blue) and camera z (outlined in green).This information is taken from the first image, outlined in red.Please note that you cannot enter Camara values with decimal places. Otherwise the value will return to 0.After clicking on Jump we should then land over a track.

https://dat-host.de/images/2023/04/06/Screen-Shot-04-06-23-at-10.34-AM.jpeg

This track is now already selected in the last picture. The corresponding data from the error message are outlined in red.

https://dat-host.de/images/2023/04/06/Screen-Shot-04-06-23-at-10.35-AM.jpeg

Result: it is not a mistake in this example, but intentional. There is a siding next to the track that is not supposed to be used in the simulation and is therefore intentionally not entered in the tdb.
I wish you a lot of fun with the error hunt, Jan

#4 User is offline   Docmartin 

• Fireman

Posted 06 April 2023 - 06:11 AM

Many thanks for your replies. Jan's explanation is very clear and following it I was able to locate the relevant sections of track. These seemed to be track sections which exist in the WORLD file but somehow did not get added to the .tdb. Anyway, having located these sections in TSRE and deleting them (and replacing them as necessary) has solved the problem.

Martin

#5 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 06 April 2023 - 10:46 AM

Hello.

track sections which exist in the WORLD file but somehow did not get added to the .tdb.

Pressing/not pressing z-key in TSRE will include/exclude highlighted track sections in/out TDB.

how to select the switch under the terrain with the TSRE

Turning off terrain texture (like wireframe mode in MSTS RE), then clicking on underground object no longer selects terrain, but object itself.
(thanks to Jan for correcting me!)

#6 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 06 April 2023 - 12:21 PM

View PostWeter, on 06 April 2023 - 10:46 AM, said:

Hello.

Pressing/not pressing z-key in TSRE will include/exclude highlighted track sections in/out TDB.

Turning off terrain mesh (like wireframe in MSTS RE), then clicking on underground object no longer selects terrain, but object itself.

Hi

Does this also work for deleting track pieces listed in the TDB, that are not displayed on the world files?

Thanks

#7 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 06 April 2023 - 12:45 PM

Hello.
If I understand You right, the situation, when a track shape is deleted (so removed from world file), but track vector, corresponding it, is still in TDB have been meant?
To be honest, I've no idea, how to select such "abandoned" track vector again, for deleting it?

#8 User is offline   Docmartin 

• Fireman

Posted 06 April 2023 - 01:41 PM

Does this also work for deleting track pieces listed in the TDB, that are not displayed on the world files?

No, it doesn't. If the track section is not in the world file, it will not be displayed in the editor and therefore there is nothing for you to click on in order to press the Z key.

As far as I know, the solution to the fairly common problem you mention (much more common with the old MSTS route editor than with TSRE fortunately) involves some tricky TDB editing. It is not as simple as deleting the entry in the TDB because doing so disrupts the TDB and the sim crashes. You have to fool the TDB by adding a new section of track in the editor and substituting the new entry in the TDB for the entry in the TDB of the item you want to delete. Then the item to be deleted will show up in the editor and you can delete it in the normal way. The exact procedure is detailed in Stephen Dearne's Track Database Primer, which you can find on UKTrainSim at

TDB Primer

Martin

#9 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 06 April 2023 - 04:01 PM

Ok thanks for the replies.

I backed up the wrong TDB on my edited route years ago, which at that time, I had no ideal I had done so. It was only after some 5 years I realize my mistake, but by then, I had almost completed over 150 miles of the amended route. It was too late to start again. Now in R.E and A.E, I have miles of unwanted ghost tracks and ghost stations and siding markers etc.

On another forum, it was mentioned that TSRE can delete these unwanted (ghost) entries from the TDB, where R.E could not!

I have successfully amended these same errors( via the TDB primer )on another route, but it was only a couple of track sections.

Thanks

#10 User is offline   Kapitaen13 

• Hostler

Posted 07 April 2023 - 01:15 AM

Unfortunately, I have to interrupt again...

View PostWeter, on 06 April 2023 - 10:46 AM, said:

Turning off terrain mesh (like wireframe in MSTS RE), then clicking on underground object no longer selects terrain, but object itself.

I admit to not having run the whole thread through the translator, but I could not extract a successful conclusion. You meant Hide Terrain Shape as shown here....
..because this does not hinder the marking of objects under the terrain?

https://dat-host.de/images/2023/04/07/Screen-Shot-04-07-23-at-10.05-AM-001.jpeg

There is a simple way to remove TDB vectors with TSRE5. We always start such work only when we have a backup.
I am using the switch example above, which I have manually removed from the World file.

https://dat-host.de/images/2023/04/07/Screen-Shot-04-07-23-at-10.08-AM.jpeg

On the branching side we first place a new piece of track. In the example 10 m straight.
After that, we have it entered in the TDB we mark our placed track again.
Now we click on Hacks (outlined in red) at the bottom left. A new small window opens...

https://dat-host.de/images/2023/04/07/Screen-Shot-04-07-23-at-10.08-AM-002.jpeg

...in this example, we can click Remove TDB Tree without hesitation because neither track items are misplaced and we are not connected to the valid route.
There are also other possibilities that you can try out yourself on a test route.

https://dat-host.de/images/2023/04/07/Screen-Shot-04-07-23-at-10.09-AM.jpeg

In any case, our vector lines and tracknodes have now disappeared. We delete the set piece of track and save the route.

https://dat-host.de/images/2023/04/07/Screen-Shot-04-07-23-at-10.09-AM-001.jpeg

This concludes the example
I wish you much success in editing your routes,
Jan

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users