• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Passing Path in timetable Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   emsob 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 23 March 2023 - 11:26 PM

Hi. I'm wondering about the operation and correct passing paths for the timetable mode. At the station I have 2 tracks available, 3 directions one way and 2 directions the other way. To minimize the inconvenience in case of delays, I wanted to use passing path. All paths have a main path on track 1, and a passing path on track 2. As long as the trains only go one route and back, everything worked perfectly. When I added trains going to other routes, was a problem and passing paths were not used at all.

Information: Invalid passing path defined for train 108 at section 2299 : overlaps with other passing path

This information appears on many trains, including those that have been working perfectly so far. Is there any solution to this situation? I want the train to choose a free track at the station, regardless of the further route, and not wait in front of the entrance semaphore for a specific track to be released when the second track is free.

#2 User is online   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 23 March 2023 - 11:50 PM

Hello.
Timetable concept uses it's own check for free path, so it often causes conflict with passing path processing function, available as an option of ORTS menu.
Hence, for avoiding conflicts, only one of these similar functions should be used, on user's choose.

3 directions one way and 2 directions the other way

Sorry, how does that look?

#3 User is offline   emsob 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 24 March 2023 - 06:16 AM

I described it wrong, in west direction there are tracks to 3 other stations, in east direction there are track to 2 other stations. In station there are 2 track.
It worked very well when there were a lot of trains from station B to C and from C to B through the station. adding any train to D causes this problem with all paths. How does the OR know that it's a train to another station, all paths have the points overlap at some distance, on switches. Nothing can be done about it?

#4 User is online   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 24 March 2023 - 11:30 AM

Hello.
Timetable mode gives an opportunity to define commands to every train, where, how, and for which train to wait, or not to wait.
Then, it compares train's paths to find-out, where paths are common, where converge and/or diverge.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users