• You cannot reply to this topic

Custom Raildriver Mapping On a Loco-by-Loco Basis Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Traindude 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 16 November 2022 - 10:17 PM

Hi:

I realize this idea may have been brought up before, but it would be nice if we could remap Raildriver controls on a locomotive-by-locomotive basis. I do realize that the recent NYMG versions allow you to customize the Raildriver controls, but even then, it still uses one map for all locomotives. My proposal is to allow remapping of Raildriver for only a specific locomotive, while the mapping for all other locomotives remains unaffected. Here are a two examples:

EXAMPLE 1:
The Japanese 7000 trainset that was originally packaged with MSTS has a combined throttle/brake (both conventional air and dynamic) control. Presently, to operate the 7000 with a Raildriver, you have to move the train brake handle and throttle handle (which is a combined throttle/dynamic brake handle) separately. In my proposal, one could remap the dynamic brake section of the Raildriver's combined handle to act as the train brake, allowing only one lever to operate the combined throttle/brake on the 7000.

EXAMPLE 2:
On a diesel-electric locomotive not equipped with dynamic brakes, the dynamic brake section of the Raildriver's combined handle can be remapped to extend the range of the throttle to the combined handle's complete range of movement, also allowing much more precise control of the throttle.

Does this seem like a feature we should include in the future?

#2 User is online   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 17 November 2022 - 06:49 AM

Hello.
1. There are blended brakes (throttle+dynamic) setting (brake system type actually)
2. There was a proposal for adding pneumatic brake on last two DB positions of CP handle (for keyboard operation too)
3. Yes, having 15-16 throttle steps would be nice for mainline diesels. Electric locos may have up to 50+ throttle steps.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users