• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OR MSTS

Posted 26 September 2022 - 01:58 PM

File Name: Pennsylvania Railroad 2-6-0 "Seneca"
File Submitter: Frank Musick
File Submitted: 26 Sep 2022
File Updated: 26 Sep 2022
File Category: Steam Locomotives, 19th century (Open Rails only)

Pennsylvania Railroad 2-6-0 "Seneca" Version 1.0 September 26th, 2022
Frank Musick

WARNING: OpenRails ONLY!!! Pretty sure it won't work in MSTS.

"Seneca" was originally built as an 0-8-0 camel type by Winans & Gillingham for the Pennsylvania Railroad in the mid 19th century. Round aout 1863 she was rebuilt as a 2-6-0 (Mogul). A new firebox was created, The second set of drivers was removed and the space was used to install Stephenson valve gear. From the photos I have access to she was "gussied up" a bit with ornate headlight and bracket and striping. I took liberty's with the color and went with something "Pennsyesque"

Physics was originally created for Jon Davis built Rogers 1855 4-4-0 by Bill Hobbs March 12th 2007 and minor adjustments were made by Tim Muir on May 9th 2019. I borrowed them from Tim in May of 2022 and added some effects and lights to coincide with the Winans camel series of models. The performance parameters are beyond my skillset and probably need revision.

The cab view is 3D. None of the controls, however, operate. I have no clue which one does what. I just wanted a way to see out of the cab of a rather interesting locomotive. I have always used the keyboard controls when operating locomotives.

The model is high poly (especially the crew) and may cause framerate issues. I haven't had any issues, as long as I remember to shut down all the other apps I use to create these things. If there is an issue, the crew can be edited or commented out of the ENG file if needed...Either delete or comment them from the following lines....

ORTSFreightAnims (
MSTSFreightAnimEnabled (1)
FreightAnimStatic (
SubType(Default)
Shape( CamelCrew.s )
Offset( 0 0 0 )
FreightWeight( 0t )
Visibility ( "Outside" )
)

)

The same can be done in the tender WAG file

ORTSFreightAnims (
MSTSFreightAnimEnabled (1)
FreightAnimStatic (
SubType(Default)
Shape( CamelTenderCrewTwo.s )
Offset( 0 0 0 )
FreightWeight( 0t )
Visibility ( "Outside" )
)

)

The model has 3 levels of detail. I suppose that if the framerate performance is still poor, one could use some utility to eliminate the first LOD and use the second. It has no rivets, but may also be missing parts you might rather appear in the sim.

Installation Procedure:

Unzip PPRRCamelSENECA.7z into the OpenRails Trains\Trainset directory. The locomotive should appear in a consist editor as PRR Seneca

This content may be redistributed for non-commercial purposes only. The assets (including all library, musical, cinematographic and artistic works found in the sound, music, video and data files) contained in this archive remain the property of the original authors.

I thinks that's about it.
Regards,
Frank Musick

Click here to download this file

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users