• You cannot reply to this topic

Wipersin in a two-cabin locomotive Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   VAPOR3D 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 11 September 2022 - 05:11 PM

Hello!

Sorry to bother but I can't find this information anywhere.

I happen to be making a electric locomotive with two cabs, one at each end. But when I build the windshield wipers, I run into the problem that all the wipers move, when only the ones in front have to move in the direction of travel. Nothing changes when I change cabs either.

The names of the parts are as follows: For the front wipers, WiperArmRight1 and WiperArmLeft1, and for the rear wipers, WiperArmRight2 and WiperArmLeft2. They do not work well.

I'm going to try now if changing to WiperArmRight and WiperArmLeft for the fronts and WiperArmRight1 and WiperArmLeft1 for the rears, see if those are the correct names and report back on the results. In any case, if anyone knows of a solution, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

#2 User is offline   VAPOR3D 

• Conductor

Posted 11 September 2022 - 05:18 PM

Well, it doesn't work, they keep behaving the same way.

#3 User is offline   Traindude 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 12 September 2022 - 02:01 PM

View PostVAPOR3D, on 11 September 2022 - 05:18 PM, said:

Well, it doesn't work, they keep behaving the same way.

I suggest you examine the shape files of the default MSTS KIHA 31, Acela Express and Acela HHP-8. IIRC both the front and rear wipers on those locos are animated. Appropriating the naming conventions for the rear wipers on those locos may be the best solution.

EDIT: I just examined the HHP-8 shape file. The front wipers should be named WiperArmLeft1, WiperBladeLeft1, WiperArmRight1, and WiperBladeRight1. The rear wipers follow the same name but are suffixed with a "2" instead of a "1". I hope that helps.

#4 User is offline   VAPOR3D 

• Conductor

Posted 12 September 2022 - 05:44 PM

View PostTraindude, on 12 September 2022 - 02:01 PM, said:

I suggest you examine the shape files of the default MSTS KIHA 31, Acela Express and Acela HHP-8. IIRC both the front and rear wipers on those locos are animated. Appropriating the naming conventions for the rear wipers on those locos may be the best solution.

EDIT: I just examined the HHP-8 shape file. The front wipers should be named WiperArmLeft1, WiperBladeLeft1, WiperArmRight1, and WiperBladeRight1. The rear wipers follow the same name but are suffixed with a "2" instead of a "1". I hope that helps.

Hello!

Thank you for your reply. But this you say was the first thing I tried and as I said, they all perk up regardless of the direction of travel.

#5 User is offline   VAPOR3D 

• Conductor

Posted 12 October 2022 - 04:25 PM

Hello!

I don't want to be a pain with this, but I find it strange that there is no solution other than disabling the movement of the rear pair of wipers. :sorry2:

It's a very obvious bug/error in Open Rails... Thanks.

#6 User is offline   ErickC 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 12 October 2022 - 07:00 PM

Animations have never really worked correctly in Open Rails. Another problem is that children of animated parts will only animate with the parent part. As an example, in MSTS, you could have an animated wiper linked to an animated door, and they would both animate with their respective animations. In OR, the wiper won't animate with the wipers, but will instead animate as a door.

This bug also makes it impossible to animate the early locomotive stands with the common throttle/dynamic brake lever (people have been setting it up as a combined control lever, which honestly doesn't work very well).

#7 User is offline   VAPOR3D 

• Conductor

Posted 13 October 2022 - 06:03 PM

Thank you for your response, Eric.

Of course, the thing would have to be updated, in the style of the pantos, that there are some for the front and others for the rear, so that they work according to the cabin chosen according to the direction of travel.

I have no idea what part of the code would have to be touched, though...

#8 User is offline   ErickC 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 14 October 2022 - 09:29 PM

Me neither. I figure it's just something that hasn't been fixed yet but will probably be addressed someday. :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users