• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fun With TSRES No clue what I'm doing Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Frank Musick 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OR MSTS

Posted 03 June 2022 - 02:42 PM

Fooling with the Route Editor. I've been wanting to show a busy 19th century scene with multiple trains. This is as far as I've gotten. https://i.pinimg.com/originals/99/25/22/992522c0a9c3afa930ff85a12985d264.jpg

#2 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 03 June 2022 - 05:53 PM

View PostFrank Musick, on 03 June 2022 - 02:42 PM, said:

Fooling with the Route Editor.

Who, THAT was close. I transcendentally hit admin edit and w/o realizing it wrote my reply over much of Franks post. I was lucky to be able to put it back together again.

Moving on, my reply:
Do be careful and don't touch any road, track, or interactive while you are learning the ropes and have select ON. The risk here is once selected it stays selected and as such can sometimes get moved w/o you knowing that. It appears an ordinary mouse move and/or screen rotate, on occasion, can effect a shape movement.

Also, there is no .tbd/.rdb rebuild function so you REALLY don't want to screw up while working on track or roads.

#3 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 03 June 2022 - 07:33 PM

@Frank
I had the same intention: to populate sidings with trains for making good screenshots.
But I did it, using timetable feature, and would suggest the same to You.
So You would stay away from route editing.

@Dave&Frank
Dave is right: touching any track piece, related with some interactive (platform, siding, signal, crossing, pickup, milepost, speed post, etc) will destroy the relation and that interactive will be lost, no longer being related with anything.
Dave also right, that it's very dangerous to walk around a route with Select button activated, when Object toolset chosen. That's right.

But I'd add and a bit correct.
First, in config file (and maybe in editor - W key, IIRC -see Manual) turns TDB editing on/off to prevent route occasional damage.
Second, key Z rebuilds TDB, being pressed the second time:

Actually, when You are going to manipulate with some of track/road pieces, You select it and then EXCLUDE it from TDB, by pressing Z first time: you'll see disappearance of Yellow line above track piece, or deep-blue above road piece. Now, relations of given section to neighbors are cancelled and You are free to move/modify it.
When You finish manipulation, You hit Z SECOND TIME, what will include modified piece to TDB again and re-establish its relations to adjacent pieces.
Complete TDB rebuild will be performed during saving the route.

Summary:
1. when piece isn't excluded from TDB, even if You moved its model in editor (occasionally or intentionally), it's TDB image and relation to interactives still stays intact.*
2. Ctrl+Z provides Undo last operation, when You made a mistake, or not satisfied with modification's result. Though I don't see redo is working (Ctrl+Y)
But be careful: undo cancels not every action: some changes can't be recovered this way (auto-paint, and some more)

This way, You can correct track piece's visual position, without interference in *.tdb integrity.

#4 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 04 June 2022 - 07:24 AM

Here's a worthy note:

Attached Image: Image1.jpg

TSRE is too fun! I find myself so immersed in creating scenes, it's scary.

I love the terrain tools, Terrain painting has become a hobby within a hobby, for me. I just wish we could have smaller terrain polygons.

Love the scene, Frank.

#5 User is offline   steved 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORMG

Posted 04 June 2022 - 10:05 AM

TSRE is what we Americans call "A whole new ballgame". (For some reason we love games that have a ball in them).
It is fun isn't it.

Randy

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users