Elvas Tower: Semaphore Signal Behaviour - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Semaphore Signal Behaviour Also applies to manually controlled colour light signals. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   darwins 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 17 May 2022 - 09:29 AM

At present in OR all semaphore home signals return to danger immediately the front of the train has passed them. This behaviour is typical of automatic signals, but not those under manual control.

Generally a home signal would not be returned to danger until the end of the train had passed the signal. In the case of junctions then the signal would not be returned to danger until the last vehicle had cleared the junction.
(At busy times I would assume there might be some further slight delay if the bobby was occupied dealing with other trains.)

Is there a way now to make this work in OR, or is there any plan to make this work in the future?
I beleive a time delay is proposed (or may already be possible). This does not deal with different train lengths though.
Is there a way to detect when the rear of a train has passed a signal marker?

#2 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 17 May 2022 - 09:39 AM

Last - do work (with speed restrictions) first... maybe sigscr file's code "knows" needed commands... Let's wait for the experts answer.

#3 User is offline   rickloader 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 17 May 2022 - 09:44 AM

Thanks Darwin for raising this. Our British signal experts are critical of the immediate return to danger of the semaphore signals in my route. Attention to this detail would raise the standing of OR in the wider enthusiast community. Even a time delay would be an improvement
Rick

#4 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 17 May 2022 - 10:55 AM

Hello.

Maybe Activate_Timing_Trigger () would be the solution if it worked. But it doesn't work lately. Maybe I'm lame for it. I did it a couple of years ago so that after 2 minutes the stop permissive signal let me go with a Stop_And_Proceed signal. But it doesn't work these days. I didn't touch the signal code, it hasn't changed since.
There is another solution if the track marking is such.

Regards Laci1959

Is there a way to detect when the rear of a train has passed a signal marker?

The Enabled function can help. It changes state when the last car passes the marker. At least that's what I noticed.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users