• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Vibrations Could this be improved? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Jonatan 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS and Vehicle Simulator

Posted 26 April 2022 - 09:51 AM

I think the "vibration" is nice and adds life to the models but maybe I could suggest a few refinements?

The most immersion-breaking thing about this feature is how the vehicles keep swaying a fair while even after the train has stopped. If the behavior could be modified so the intensity increases and decreases with speed the effect looks more realistic.

On some smaller and lighter vehicles the motion is very noticable to where it looks ridiculous even at "vibration 1". A short tender or car wiggles along in a very excessive matter, this becomes even more apparent when using a passenger view to simulate the loco bobbing about. Perhaps the swaying could be proportioned after the size of the vehicle?

Could the "gopro stuck to the train" effect when in the headout and/or other views be changed so the loco and passenger cars moves around the camera as well? This to me is the main reason behind even having such an animation. I've ridden in the cab many times and you're swayed about a bit as the loco moves around you, likewise when riding in a car.
As described above this effect can be simulated through a passenger view on a following vehicle but why should this workaround be nessecery if the motion can be added in the appropriate views instead? The 3D cab could also have this effect.

But what about the nausseating effect for some people? We could have an option in the menu for selecting what motion effects are active. Or as it is currently done the vibration effect can be turned off entirely.

I hope this feature can be improved to give a more immersive riding experience as the engineer/passenger/conductor/brakeman on our trains.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users