• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PBL brake controller script Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   darwins 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 24 March 2022 - 06:47 AM

I have just found the PBL2 brake controller script with a French download. It works very nicely giving while pressed APPLY or RELEASE and returning to lap when you let go of the keys. Is there any significant difference I should be aware of between the PBL2 and PBL3? I wish to use the script with British locos fitted with PBL3 (in earlier forms also called PBL90 I believe.)

#2 User is offline   Aldarion 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Owner

Posted 24 March 2022 - 08:01 AM

PBL3 (or PBL90) is basically PBL2 with the electro-pneumatic control EP

take a look at this page:
railway-technical.com/

#3 User is offline   darwins 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 24 March 2022 - 08:16 AM

Thank you. In a sense, for me then PBL3 = PBL2 as it is predominantly used on freight locos in the UK. However if there is a proper PBL3 script available that works for EP that would obviously be better. (Perhaps I should make a copy of PBL2 script and name it PBL3) then I can simply drop in a replacement when I get it, without having to edit any eng files.)

#4 User is offline   Aldarion 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Owner

Posted 24 March 2022 - 08:26 AM

well, yes. In essence it is that.

I'm trying to get an EP brake working for years. I have locomotives that come originaly with PBL2 and then after a couple of years EP was installed on them...
I use that PBL2 script for quite some time, and it works like a charm. never got to test and implement the EP brakes.

#5 User is offline   cesarbl 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 24 March 2022 - 09:06 AM

That brake controller is commonly used here in Spain, and I have installed it in some locomotives for OR. It should be straightforward to make it working for EP brakes adding just three lines of code.

Edit: Here there's a small modification that should work for EP brakes.

Attached File(s)

#6 User is online   pgs 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:MSTS,OR,MASZYNA

Posted 09 November 2022 - 06:06 PM

Goodnight.
I have a doubt with the script in question.
Everything is going well and it works practically faithful to reality (I work daily with PBL2) but I have a problem...
When it comes to tightening, everything is correct, but when the loosening is finished and EQ reaches 5kg, the BP does not continue to fill up to 5kg....
Why do you think it is possible?
Thank you very much and greetings.

#7 User is offline   cesarbl 

• Conductor

Posted 10 November 2022 - 04:50 AM

Do you have the latest version of the script? It's available at https://github.com/S...keController.cs

#8 User is online   pgs 

• Apprentice

Posted 10 November 2022 - 06:27 AM

Hola Cesar.
Gracias por contestar.
Precisamente esa version del Script la probé y no me funciona directamente....
Tengo otra version quiza menos actual que si hace el efecto PBL2, pero lo que te comento.

Funciona todo bien.Hace la aplicacion correcta acorde con EQ y se equilibra la BP.

El problema viene al contrario, cuando se ejecuta el afoje.Cuando aflojo, EQ alcanza 5 como es correcto, pero BP se queda en el ultimo punto donde el scrip permite al sistema estar en afloje.....
No soy capaz de encontrar donde tengo el problema.

Si que me fijo con F5 lo que te comento: EQ alcanza 5 mientras esta en afloje, pero una vez llega a 5 pasa a LAP o HOLD y BP se bloquea en la presion que alcazó, obviamente quedando freno residual.

¿A ti te funciona bien?

Gracias
----

Hi Cesar.
Thanks for answering.
Precisely that version of the Script I tried it and it doesn't work directly for me....
I have another version, perhaps less current than if it does the PBL2 effect, but what I'm telling you.

Everything works fine. It makes the correct application according to EQ and the BP is balanced.

The problem comes the other way around, when the slack is executed. When I slack, EQ reaches 5 as is correct, but BP stays at the last point where the script allows the system to be slack.....
I am not able to find where I have the problem.

If I look with F5 what I tell you: EQ reaches 5 while it is loosening, but once it reaches 5 it goes to LAP or HOLD and BP is blocked at the pressure it reached, obviously leaving residual brake.

Does it work for you?

Thank you

#9 User is offline   cesarbl 

• Conductor

Posted 10 November 2022 - 06:46 AM

Si que me fijo con F5 lo que te comento: EQ alcanza 5 mientras esta en afloje, pero una vez llega a 5 pasa a LAP o HOLD y BP se bloquea en la presion que alcazó, obviamente quedando freno residual.

Las versiones antiguas del script fallan porque en la posición estable central utilizan la posición LAP en vez de HOLD. La posición de LAP está pensada para paneles de freno que no compensan fugas de TFA, por tanto en esa posición el DE queda aislado de la TFA. La posición correcta es HOLD, que sí que mantiene la presión en TFA de acuerdo al depósito de equilibrio.
Por otra parte, la última versión de dicho script no funciona todavía en versiones oficiales de OR porque requiere de una funcionalidad que se encuentra en desarrollo. Supongo que una versión no tan reciente del script (uno o dos commits más atrás de la actual) sí que funcionaría correctamente. Se pueden descargar versiones anteriores en github.

----

Old versions of the PBL2 script have a problem because they use LAP instead of HOLD. LAP is designed for brake controllers that don't compensate BP leakage. New versions of the script aren't working because of the addition of new features that aren't yet available in official OR versions. You could try a previous version of the PBL2 script, instead of the most recent one (all of them are available at github).

#10 User is online   pgs 

• Apprentice

Posted 10 November 2022 - 08:27 AM

Por fin parece que encontré la version adecuada, ahora si funciona.
Lo unico que si que noto, es que el equilibrio entre EQ y BP en apriete es casi instantanea, sin embargo el equilibrio entre EQ y BP en afloje es ¨proporcional¨ a la longitud del tren.

Aun asi, muchas gracias por todo cesar.

Es un placer poder disfrutar de tus script y todo lo que diseñas.

Si por alguna circustancia necesitas informacion o algo, tengo unos cuantos años de experiencia en el ferrocarril y bastante acceso a informacion.

Nunca dudes en consultarme.

Muchas gracias y un saludo.
Pablo Solana
---
Finally it seems that I found the right version, now it works.
The only thing I do notice is that the balance between EQ and BP in tightening is almost instantaneous, however the balance between EQ and BP in loosening is "proportional" to the length of the train.

Still, thank you very much for everything.

It is a pleasure to be able to enjoy your script and everything you design.

If for any reason you need information or something, I have a few years of experience in the railway and a lot of access to information.

Never hesitate to consult me.

Thank you very much and greetings.
Pablo Solana

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users