• You cannot reply to this topic

Window alpha issue Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   akioyamamura 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 23 March 2022 - 01:42 PM

Hi!
I'm programming a 3D cab and having some problems with Alpha Channel. When I switch fron throttle notch 2 to 3 or 3 to 2, the Alpha almost disappear.
I'm experimenting some other problems as I edit the Alpha channel and the texture. Previously the translucent effect didn't appear, the window as 100% transparent.
Please, can anybody help me?

Here's the video of the problem.

https://youtu.be/8wiE8OJgNLI

I'm attaching the log, the texture and the shape file.
I tested in the ORMG 119 and in the stable version 1.4.

Attached File(s)

#2 User is online   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 23 March 2022 - 06:12 PM

Try to contact with vapor3d (may in Spanish) he is known 3d cab expert.

#3 User is offline   Peter B. 

• Hostler

Posted 24 March 2022 - 10:35 AM

Hello akioyamamura,

it's just a wild guess, but the effect from the video looks like what is described in the opening post of Graphical Issues: Flickering.

Are the "windscreen" and the "dirt" (where the wipers have left their traces) two different layers or different textures? If yes, try to switch to 32 bit mode as described in that thread. If the effect disappears or becomes less disturbing, you might be on the right track.

My idea of what's happening is this: when you open the throttle and the trains starts moving, due to inertia the "engineer" (or camera position) moves a bit relative to the cab. And due to the changing distance between "engineer" and "dirt" the "dirt" sometimes is rendered, and sometimes it is not. Maybe you've observed that effect when driving towards a signal light and see it flickering or changing its intensity.

If my idea should be right, please ask someone more experienced than me in model (and especially cab) building how you can get rid of this texture flickering.

With greetings from Germany, Peter

#4 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 24 March 2022 - 11:48 PM

Would it be possible that you also attached an .eng file that could be copied together with the 2 other provided files (SD70.s and GLASS.ace) to one of the original locomotives, e.g. the sd40, and by substituting the .eng there with your one, the issue could be reproduced?

(I don't believe it is due to moving, because there is no moving in the video, only throttle switching back and forth.)

#5 User is offline   akioyamamura 

• Hostler

Posted 26 March 2022 - 02:32 PM

Thanks guys! GPZ it's right, reverser are in neutral, I suspected of the flickering problem before try in neutral. I solved the problem today copying the window of a old problem, using the same texture, and worked well, so I suspect that the problem is the mesh. The eng is attached.

Attached File(s)

#6 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 28 March 2022 - 12:30 AM

I could not use this eng file, because the OR stopped because of the missing include files. By copying the ORTS3DCab() section into the original gp38.eng I could not reproduce the issue, the GLASS.ace didn't show up at all.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users