• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fire modding atmosphere, fx pacticle emitters, Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ExRail 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 10 January 2022 - 04:10 PM

I stumbled upon a texture with a 4x4 animated fire texture like Diselsmoke.ace configuration and said what if:

The results (Visual warning for route owners?)

Open Rails Dante edition
https://vimeo.com/664493351

I've attached the texture and eng settings involved, getting the right lighting and haze condition to make this take some time.

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 10 January 2022 - 04:51 PM

http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/crazy.gifhttp://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/wacko.gifhttp://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/ko2.gif you've definitely derailed. ( the snow/blizzard --- yep -- good stuff )

#3 User is offline   ExRail 

• Fireman

Posted 11 January 2022 - 11:06 AM

An Open Rail activity that involved driving though an area
where there is unknown forest fire I could see that working.

I remember doing static scenery FX in FS2002 with some manual fasm/bgl stuff,
adding fx smoke to a chimney in my scenery, can Open Rails do fx scenery objects - like driving past a switch track on fire?

Chicago Train Operator Sets Railway Lines On Fire
https://www.youtube....h?v=REhIqRa3zO4

So that's what we seeing at 1:11 in my video :-)

#4 User is offline   ExRail 

• Fireman

Posted 11 January 2022 - 01:28 PM

I hurts to much seeing this beautiful landscape on fire, so I've scaled down to running from a sandstorm:

Attached Image: Sand_storm.jpg
Same texture as fire just readjusted to look sandy attached.
(Reshade used to tint the game sandy color.)

Changing the skyDome1.png file in open rails/content folder from blue to orange did nothing to the sky, anyone know where the bright blue sky color is coming from ?

Attached File(s)

#5 User is offline   ExRail 

• Fireman

Posted 11 January 2022 - 03:40 PM

ExRail, on 11 January 2022 - 01:28 PM, said:

Changing the skyDome1.png file in open rails/content folder from blue to orange did nothing to the sky, anyone know where the bright blue sky color is coming from ?

Seams like it's coming from MSTS\ROUTES\name of Route\EnvFiles\Textures\daysky.ace
(summer 12:00 clear is selected)

#6 User is offline   ExRail 

• Fireman

Posted 11 January 2022 - 04:05 PM

Weter, on 11 January 2022 - 02:48 PM, said:

Hello, ExRail.
I was in trouble about absence of athmospheric fluorescention effect and posted a thread more, than year back.
I'm offering You to see it: maybe it would seem interesting for You somewhat?
http://www.elvastowe...__fromsearch__1
Best regards.

P.S.
More realistic smoke, affected by wind, from static model's chimney would be appreciated, no doubts.

This is a beautiful picture and scenery - that one and the next in the list, I want to be there. Did that route get finished/released ?

I was looking at a env file i saw a lot of sky layers and wind, changing the wind speed and direction did not effect either snow or diesel smoke so I thought Open Rails skipped that file.

But I just found out that the route DK2000 seams to come with a nice clouds skybox image thing, where the default MSTS routs seams to only have this cartoon blue sky, so now I'm in doubt what can be done with weather, need more reading.

Attached Image: vlcsnap-2022-01-12-00h35m48s478.jpg

#7 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 11 January 2022 - 06:00 PM

I have nothing to answer :( but I like it too.
the author doesn't appear here in ET forums for a long time.
Maybe, write to him one more time...

But look more carefully: that man have attached to one of his posts an archive for me and other ones.
The latter contains 2 beautiful variants of bright-blue skydome and shaders (unfortunately, obsolete for the current ORTS version)
Although, the shaders cause game to crash and can't be used (but maybe, You are able to look and fix them?), the sky dome is my favorite, so I use it.
I even have wrote some *.bat-files for switching sky domes, which renames texture files at Content folder.

*.env-files contain data about water layers and seasonal specific, so I've noticed in some routes the problem with water appearance and crash, when trying some other seasons, rather than summer. Another thing is daylight gamma: as I wrote, some routes have "warm" gamma, the other - "colder". Here is my auestion-thread about it:
http://www.elvastowe...__fromsearch__1

#8 User is offline   ExRail 

• Fireman

Posted 12 January 2022 - 12:18 PM

Weter, on 11 January 2022 - 06:00 PM, said:

(but maybe, You are able to look and fix them?)

I've just looked at one of them with my limited C/C++ knowledge, has they ever run correctly would be my first question ?

I copied over sceneryShader.fx to \content and looked at the errors.
MipMapLodBias = 0; don't know if that exist without a h file.

Errors like 'float3 = float' make sense looking at the function and the call's ?

void _PSApplyFog(float3 Color)
{

}

float4 PSTerrain(	

float3 litColor = ...
	_PSApplyFog(litColor.B);
	_PSApplyFog(litColor.B);
	_PSApplyFog(litColor.rgb);
	_PSApplyFog(Color.B);
	_PSApplyFog(Color.B);
	_PSApplyFog(Color.B);
)

And then there is the technique names, and are the once in the default sceneryshader.fx file new once ? i see PSImage9_1() and so on.

VSGeneral(false) & PSImage(false, false) producing errors, are in the default sceneryShader.fx just is VSGeneral() & PSImage() and vs_2_0 vs vs_4_0,

I could investigate all this or I could just use the default, and alter the content on the functions in the default, when I know a little better what I'm doing( is in/inout like ref & and const & in C++ ?) and can see the effect and know it's cost (cpu/gpu)

Eg. comparing the two Forest functions the only difference is the default call _VSlight with a member variable and and the downloaded call's it with hole struct/class, so no need editing that in the default.

Converting or upgrading this should be easy for someone currently coding for Open Rails and quickly can see what is deprecated.

Another thing I thought about, the shaders that comes with Reshade include ReShadeUI.fxh there UI
it would be great if you could use that and adjust the parameters at runtime while seeing them, write down the settings and hardcode them in after.

#9 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 12 January 2022 - 12:20 PM

Hello.
All I can answer: they are dated aug 2018, so I didn't test them.
At 2020 they caused game crash during load.

#10 User is offline   ExRail 

• Fireman

Posted 12 January 2022 - 01:53 PM

Could not resist investigating these "technique names" further.

Searching the source code for "ImageLevel9_1" makes matrials.cs, water.cs and of course SceneryShader.fx pop up.
Searching for "ImagePS2" - the technique name used in the downloaded shader is not found anywhere.

Matrials.cs has this block with names:
if (ShaderPassesDarkShade == null) ShaderPassesDarkShade = shader.Techniques[level9_3 ? "DarkShadeLevel9_3" : "DarkShadeLevel9_1"].Passes.GetEnumerator();
            if (ShaderPassesFullBright == null) ShaderPassesFullBright = shader.Techniques[level9_3 ? "FullBrightLevel9_3" : "FullBrightLevel9_1"].Passes.GetEnumerator();
            if (ShaderPassesHalfBright == null) ShaderPassesHalfBright = shader.Techniques[level9_3 ? "HalfBrightLevel9_3" : "HalfBrightLevel9_1"].Passes.GetEnumerator();
            if (ShaderPassesImage == null) ShaderPassesImage = shader.Techniques[level9_3 ? "ImageLevel9_3" : "ImageLevel9_1"].Passes.GetEnumerator();
            if (ShaderPassesVegetation == null) ShaderPassesVegetation = shader.Techniques[level9_3 ? "VegetationLevel9_3" : "VegetationLevel9_1"].Passes.GetEnumerator();

Looking forward to be able to take shaders from maybe Reshade and put into the sim, so the 2D cabview don't get shaded.

Thanks for sending me in this direction, now I know that I'm messing with a glsl shader in my hobby C++ SFML/FFmpg thing,
and Open Rails must be using hsls, and Lucas Art is involved in he history of shaders :-)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users