Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Derailment Testing Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 22 November 2021 - 02:58 AM

To demonstrate the value of the derailment feature, I have set up a miniroute, and test stock (see Derailment Test Scenarios) to trial three different derailment scenarios that were the subject of different Canadian railway Accident Reports. The most famous occurred on the Cheakamus River, and resulted in an environmental and litigation headache for the railway company concerned. There is a brief document in the root folder of the route describing the three scenarios, and providing links to the accident reports and reference documents. The route consists of six different consists, each pair represents one scenario, and provides a derailment example, and also a remarshalling of the train to eliminate the chance of a derailment.

With the increasing interest in the DPU feature being added to MG and mainstream OR, and the general desire to run longer trains, this subject will becoming important to activity creators. Just like in the real world people making up train consists will need to be more mindful of how they position cars to prevent the possible derailment of rolling stock.

My thanks to ATW for his assistance in setting up these basic scenarios.

#2 User is offline   joe_star 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 24 November 2021 - 06:02 PM

Hi

I downloaded the package twice but got the following error upon running the installer:-

"This file contains invalid data"

#3 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 24 November 2021 - 07:24 PM

View Postjoe_star, on 24 November 2021 - 06:02 PM, said:

I downloaded the package twice but got the following error upon running the installer:-

"This file contains invalid data"
I am sorry that you are having problems.

I have just downloaded it, and it seems to work for me.

Has anybody else had problems or been successful with downloading and installing this file?

#4 User is offline   joe_star 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 24 November 2021 - 10:05 PM

View Poststeamer_ctn, on 24 November 2021 - 07:24 PM, said:

I am sorry that you are having problems.

I have just downloaded it, and it seems to work for me.

Has anybody else had problems or been successful with downloading and installing this file?

Hello

I downloaded and ran the installer successfully on another system, so it would either appear to be something wrong with the PC i used or the network connectivity at the time.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users