Elvas Tower: Proposal for Automatic Door Close Display Confirm - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Proposal for Automatic Door Close Display Confirm For now i'ts a manual function, but in theory this as to be Automa Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 13 November 2021 - 12:28 PM

Good evening everyone
I am writing this post because I want to expose a question that no one has ever thought of, that is the possibility of making automatic door closing after the conductor's whistle just like it happens in reality ..
I am not in your part, but at least in my country the door lock signal is given by the train conductor, so on the simulator it should happen that once you arrive at a station, the train driver unlocks the doors using the appropriate command, while for the departure, the door lock signal is given by the conductor when he closes the doors from the outside, and not by the driver of the train.

Could it be a function that you think can be implemented using a specific command to be inserted on the .CVF file? and above all, turning to the Italian developers who collaborate with the American team, do they have in mind to bring this function?

#2 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 13 November 2021 - 12:57 PM

Player opens doors, but they are then closed by computer some time after boarding time is expired?

#3 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 13 November 2021 - 01:51 PM

Exactly, they should close automatically as happens in reality, currently this is not possible, so I was wondering if this trigger could be activated on the .CVF through a special function to be inserted

For example, by enter such a function on the .cvf:

ORTS_AutomaticCloseDoorAfterTimeExpire (1) or (0)

ORTS_AutomaticCloseDoorAfterTimeExpire_Seconds xxxxx

Where, the first command indicates the active function with value 1 and deactivate with value 0 (or just do not enter anything)

the second command indicates how many seconds must pass before the "door closed display" became to the "closed position" in the cabview

#4 User is offline   Weter 

Posted 13 November 2021 - 01:58 PM

Excuse me, please, but I think, their behavior looks "automatic" only for the driver, as he is free of actuating any controls for closing them.
But this action is performed by the other PERSON -member of the train brigade, who is responsible for passengers safety.
Yes, the parameters names looks good for me, and the second one would synchronize the program state with model's animation, as for pantographs.

#5 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 14 November 2021 - 04:03 AM

Exactly, the Train Driver only unlocks the opening of the doors as soon as the train stops in a station, the closing of the doors is instead commanded by the train brigade which is responsible for giving the starting whistle and the door closing command which takes place in a automatic as soon as it closes the doors. The train driver will only see the open door warning light going off, which, once turned off, is equivalent to having doors closed and locked.

As for the command to be entered, I thought of this function more than simple, so that the user, if he does not want to use this function, can not enter it, or enter the value 0 which is equivalent to Off ..

My problem is that unfortunately I'm not good with codes .. so I wrote here in the hope that someone can insert it ..!

#6 User is offline   Weter 

Posted 14 November 2021 - 04:16 AM

Well, modern trams have two types of buttons:
first is just enables/disables all door controls, including that ones, which are inside of passenger cabines of the carriage, and the external ones - which are beside the doors outside.
Disabled state is used while train is moving - for security reasons; and after proper stop, the driver can enable door controls.
Second is open/close control for each of the tram's doors.
This way, passenger can open exactly that of doors, which is actually needed to him for boarding/unboardind, then - close it.
And driver can operate all doors together or individually.

In your example-the driver is responsible only for bringing the train to the safe state for start of boarding.
Then the brigade-members assist him, as on curved platforms he might be unable to see all the train's doors.
They are responsible for colsing the doors safely, so all that driver have to do then-is to wait for confirmation, that every door of his train is securely closed.

#7 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 14 November 2021 - 02:10 PM

That's right, it happens just like this, in some cases, the train driver, if the train chief forgets to lock the doors, can manually enable it by means of the appropriate button, but it happens in rare cases ..

In Italy, everything happens as you described, it is the train chief who gives the door lock to the driver

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users