• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dynamic brakes cab display Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 11 November 2021 - 01:43 AM

That's good. This is now fixed in ORNYMG 109.4, and should be available within half an hour in official Unstable release U2021.11.11-1006.

#22 User is offline   pschlik 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails - Unstable

Posted 11 November 2021 - 04:07 PM

Curiously, in 109.4, I am seeing no change to the behavior at all, do I need to change something in the cab view file or the texture perhaps? I guess it is worth noting in my case I have modified the cabview and made the top leftmost frame of the "dynnums" texture completely transparent. It sounds like Borislav is doing this a bit different than I was.

#23 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 11 November 2021 - 11:17 PM

It seems to me that Borislav has used the same approach like you. Can your cab be downloaded somewhere?
Did your cab work well with previous OR versions?

#24 User is offline   Borislav 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 12 November 2021 - 01:46 AM

Hi,

Let me try to help. The top leftmost frame of the Dynamic Brakes indicator must always be transparent when this indicator is positioned on top of the Throttle indicator (this is the case on the computer screens of Evolution Series locomotives, Dash-9/AC4400 and SD70ACe/M-2 locomotives). This way, when you switch off the Dynamic Brakes, the Throttle indicator beneath it will be visible.

Now, what I did prior to this fix was that I made the second frame transparent as well (top right frame). This is the "Set-Up" frame and this one was always visible even when the Dynamic Brakes were off (the game did not switch back to the first, transparent frame). Now that the fix has been applied, this frame no longer needs to be transparent, because when you switch the Dynamic Brakes off the game correctly switches back to the first, transparent frame. Everything is back to normal, with only the first frame on the left being transparent. Here's what it looks like:

https://i.imgur.com/nxd7mk9.jpg

#25 User is offline   Borislav 

• Hostler

Posted 12 November 2021 - 02:11 AM

The other thing that may be causing this problem with your cab is the .cvf file itself. I will now show you how I've set up my .cvf file for the first three frames (the invisible one, the Set-Up and the B1):

State (
Style ( 0 )
SwitchVal ( 0 )
)
State (
Style ( 0 )
SwitchVal ( 0.00001 )
)
State (
Style ( 0 )
SwitchVal ( 0.01 )

The first SwitchVal value is 0. This one is used for the first, transparent frame and this one is "displayed" when the Dynamic Brakes are off (meaning that nothing is actually displayed on the screen). The second SwitchVal value is 0.00001. This one is used for the second frame in the texture file ("Set-Up"), but the first one actually displayed on the screen when you switch the Dynamic Brakes on. The third SwitchVal value is 0.01 and this one is used for the third frame in the texture file ("B1").

#26 User is offline   pschlik 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:OpenRails - Unstable

Posted 13 November 2021 - 10:32 AM

Borislav, on 12 November 2021 - 02:11 AM, said:

The other thing that may be causing this problem with your cab is the .cvf file itself. I will now show you how I've set up my .cvf file for the first three frames (the invisible one, the Set-Up and the B1):

State (
Style ( 0 )
SwitchVal ( 0 )
)
State (
Style ( 0 )
SwitchVal ( 0.00001 )
)
State (
Style ( 0 )
SwitchVal ( 0.01 )

The first SwitchVal value is 0. This one is used for the first, transparent frame and this one is "displayed" when the Dynamic Brakes are off (meaning that nothing is actually displayed on the screen). The second SwitchVal value is 0.00001. This one is used for the second frame in the texture file ("Set-Up"), but the first one actually displayed on the screen when you switch the Dynamic Brakes on. The third SwitchVal value is 0.01 and this one is used for the third frame in the texture file ("B1").

Aha, there's my problem. I had the "setup" frame with a switch value of 0.025. Clearly this number was not small enough, as adding a few more zeros after the decimal point has suddenly resulted in the correct behavior! Thanks for the tip

#27 User is offline   Borislav 

• Hostler

Posted 13 November 2021 - 11:35 AM

I am happy we have solved this one!

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users