• You cannot reply to this topic

Problems with glass transparencies in a 3d cab Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   VAPOR3D 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 23 October 2021 - 08:29 AM

Hello!

I am encountering the typical problem of transparencies in two elements in this 3d cockpit that I am developing.

The piece that corresponds to the blue plastic sunshield, inside the sim appears and disappears depending on the distance at which it is displayed (in Shape Viewer is displayed well), and I've tried everything. Both the background glass and the visor are in Alphanorm-mode and associated to an AlphaMain part associated to MAIN.

But I've tried other configurations and nothing, I wonder if I will have to re-allocate the semi-transparencies to the background textures...

I attach a couple of screenshots to show the strange effect. Any help is much appreciated!

Attached Image: Open Rails 2021-10-23 05-52-00.jpg

Attached Image: Open Rails 2021-10-23 05-52-09.jpg

#2 User is offline   captain_bazza 

• Chairman, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 26 October 2021 - 07:49 PM

View PostVAPOR3D, on 23 October 2021 - 08:29 AM, said:

Hello!

I am encountering the typical problem of transparencies in two elements in this 3d cockpit that I am developing.

The piece that corresponds to the blue plastic sunshield, inside the sim appears and disappears depending on the distance at which it is displayed (in Shape Viewer is displayed well), and I've tried everything. Both the background glass and the visor are in Alphanorm-mode and associated to an AlphaMain part associated to MAIN.

But I've tried other configurations and nothing, I wonder if I will have to re-allocate the semi-transparencies to the background textures...

I attach a couple of screenshots to show the strange effect. Any help is much appreciated!

Attachment Open Rails 2021-10-23 05-52-00.jpg

Attachment Open Rails 2021-10-23 05-52-09.jpg

#3 User is offline   captain_bazza 

• Chairman, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 26 October 2021 - 08:02 PM

Hi, It is so very long ago since I last sorted alpha textures, that I cannot recollect specific details on how to do so.

I had a look on ET forums for anything useful, but found nothing. Years ago, a British modeller, Doug Keitley, sent me an article he had written on the subject. He gave me permission to upload this file to ET, which I think I uploaded to the ET file library, but currently I don't have access, perhaps because I use Android devices (phone & tablets)?

You might be able to get another member with access to get it for you; with my permission, if anyone queries this.

Beyond that, I regret I cannot help solve your problems. Hint, make sure you spell the texture type names correctly. Is it AlphNorm??!

Cheers Bazza.

#4 User is offline   VAPOR3D 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 06 December 2021 - 01:40 PM

View Postcaptain_bazza, on 26 October 2021 - 08:02 PM, said:

Hi, It is so very long ago since I last sorted alpha textures, that I cannot recollect specific details on how to do so.

I had a look on ET forums for anything useful, but found nothing. Years ago, a British modeller, Doug Keitley, sent me an article he had written on the subject. He gave me permission to upload this file to ET, which I think I uploaded to the ET file library, but currently I don't have access, perhaps because I use Android devices (phone & tablets)?

You might be able to get another member with access to get it for you; with my permission, if anyone queries this.

Beyond that, I regret I cannot help solve your problems. Hint, make sure you spell the texture type names correctly. Is it AlphNorm??!

Cheers Bazza.

Thanks Bazza, I finally "solved" this by incorporating the transparencies into the model of the cab interior itself instead of using separate glass. Now I'm running into the same problem and I'm going to do the same thing again, because I can't waste any more time with this...

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users