Posted 18 October 2021 - 01:06 PM

http://www.elvastowe...eenshot&id=3048
File Name: 1837 Willys Coupe Version 1.0
File Submitter: Frank Musick
File Submitted: 18 Oct 2021
File Category: Vehicles

1937 Willys Coupe Version 1.0
October18th, 2021
Original 1941 Willys model by Louis Fournier, modified and adapted for MSTS and Open Rails by Frank Musick
Textures manipulated from photographs obtained on the internet by Frank Musick

Another complete overhaul of a Fournier shape. Once again the poly shapes themselves were very complex. A lot of merged points and new faces required, but was able to maintain the general shape. The model was originally a 1941 Willys with the vertical nose, but I backdated it to 1937.The 1941's are the basis were a lot of gasser race cars and very common. To me the earlier models are more interesting.

I wish my models could be "smooother", but it's the underlying polygons that dictate the shape. The smoothness is a function of the shader. It appears smooth by a trick of the software. To get a smoother look would require more polygons than MSTS can handle and still give some level of performance. OR might be able to deal with the load, but I feel a street full of such shapes would still affect the operation of the sim. It's a compromise. Realistic high crown curves or reasonable frame rates. "Ce la vie" as the French (and some Canadians) might say.

Anyway, hope this model is of some use.

Click here to download this file

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users