• You cannot reply to this topic

Proposal for Generic Cabview command Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Borislav 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 11 October 2021 - 09:17 AM

Hi, guys!

I've been working on an update for my 2D Photorealistic cab for Evolution Series locomotives. Thanks to all the hard work from our ORTS developer team, I have been able to update my cab with several new features. One of them is a switchable computer screen that can be controlled with a press of the button on the computer screen. The problem is here. In order to make such a command line in the cab's .cvf file, I had to use one of the already existing commands which was not otherwise used in the cab. I thought that the "ORTS_CABLIGHT TWO_STATE" command would be perfect since it also contains two frames and is not otherwise used in my cab. This does work perfectly well during daytime, but during the night, whenever I click to switch the computer screen, the whole main view switches to day time cab as well.

I then tried to use a command line that controls something that does not exist on diesel locomotives, hoping that this would enable me to have the proper graphics appear on the screen, but not doing anything else. This, however, did not work as it crashed my game.

Therefore, I was wondering if it would be possible to add a command line for the .cvf file that would only be used to switch between two frames, but that would actually not control anything on the locomotive itself. I wanted to post this question in the Developing Features section of the forum, but I don't have "permission" to do that.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users