• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3D cab position bug Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ErickC 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 21 September 2021 - 05:58 PM

For the last year or so, 3D cabs in Open Rails do not obey the position data in the ENG file. Instead, the position from the current locomotive is used for the next. This means that, when switching between locomotives of different types (e.g., GP9 and GP38, SD40, SD40A, et c.), the user has to manually reposition the camera. This is, as you can imagine, very annoying. This wasn't an issue in v1.2, and I don't recall it being an issue with 1.3, either. I seem to recall that it happened around the time some changes were implemented to fix issues with Euro dual-cab locomotives, but I am not certain.

#2 User is online   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 23 September 2021 - 05:42 AM

A bug fix has been generated and should be present in the Unstable release which will appear about 30 minutes after the time of this message. It has also been inserted in ORNYMG rev 105.1.

#3 User is offline   ErickC 

• Superintendant

Posted 23 September 2021 - 05:20 PM

View PostCsantucci, on 23 September 2021 - 05:42 AM, said:

A bug fix has been generated and should be present in the Unstable release which will appear about 30 minutes after the time of this message. It has also been inserted in ORNYMG rev 105.1.

Excellent! I'll try it out when I get a chance. I figured it was probably something minor that was easily overlooked.

#4 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 25 September 2021 - 03:25 AM

View PostErickC, on 21 September 2021 - 05:58 PM, said:

For the last year or so, 3D cabs in Open Rails do not obey the position data in the ENG file. Instead, the position from the current locomotive is used for the next. This means that, when switching between locomotives of different types (e.g., GP9 and GP38, SD40, SD40A, et c.), the user has to manually reposition the camera. This is, as you can imagine, very annoying. This wasn't an issue in v1.2, and I don't recall it being an issue with 1.3, either. I seem to recall that it happened around the time some changes were implemented to fix issues with Euro dual-cab locomotives, but I am not certain.

Thanks for the details, and thanks Carlo for providing a fix - I'm happy to take this in to 1.4 (I'm going through all the forum/PR stuff now)

#5 User is offline   ErickC 

• Superintendant

Posted 26 September 2021 - 01:57 PM

Okay - I tested the fix out and it seems to be working! Thanks so much!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users