• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Problems with OpenRails website Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   railguy 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 15 September 2021 - 09:10 AM

Over the last few days, I've encountered numerous error problems when trying to access the OpenRails website--most indicating a server error issue on the website. When I do succeed in getting to the home page, when I try to download the OpenRails manual, it does not download the English version. What's up? Thanks.

#2 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 15 September 2021 - 10:07 AM

View Postrailguy, on 15 September 2021 - 09:10 AM, said:

Over the last few days, I've encountered numerous error problems when trying to access the OpenRails website--most indicating a server error issue on the website. When I do succeed in getting to the home page, when I try to download the OpenRails manual, it does not download the English version. What's up? Thanks.

Thanks for reporting this.

At least 2 separate problems here.

We have a service monitoring the website which reports problems today and previously on 13th August. The server also supports www.uktrainsim.org as they have been providing hosting in support of the Open Rails project. At the time of writing www.OpenRails.org is up, so I will keep an eye on it and notify UKTrainSim if it continues to give trouble.

Thanks to some work by Ryan, we have a new website waiting to go on-stream using a more reliable hosting service. Although the pages are working, there are a few issues still to resolve over the downloads, but the changeover will become a priority once v1.4 has been released.

Your second finding is that the manual offered is now the Spanish version. I guess this happened once we created a release candidate which is "Version 1.4 in waiting". I shall need some help from James to sort this out and I'll report back.

#3 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 15 September 2021 - 11:27 AM

View Postcjakeman, on 15 September 2021 - 10:07 AM, said:

Your second finding is that the manual offered is now the Spanish version. I guess this happened once we created a release candidate which is "Version 1.4 in waiting". I shall need some help from James to sort this out and I'll report back.

I have figured out why (it's a problem with our build script) and I am working to fix it now

#4 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 15 September 2021 - 12:00 PM

View Postcjakeman, on 15 September 2021 - 10:07 AM, said:

Pull request is up which should fix the Spanish manual being on the website instead of the English manual

#5 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 17 September 2021 - 09:48 AM

View PostJames Ross, on 15 September 2021 - 12:00 PM, said:

Pull request is up which should fix the Spanish manual being on the website instead of the English manual

Thanks, James. I have approved your PR.

Already today I had an email from someone returning to Open Rails who got caught by this. The good news is that he took to the email, so I was able to send him the English version.

#6 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 17 September 2021 - 12:51 PM

View Postcjakeman, on 17 September 2021 - 09:48 AM, said:

Thanks, James. I have approved your PR.

Already today I had an email from someone returning to Open Rails who got caught by this. The good news is that he took to the email, so I was able to send him the English version.

Thanks, the website manual link is now back in English

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users