Open Rails 1.4 is coming soon Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 10 September 2021 - 01:06 PM

View PostJames Ross, on 08 September 2021 - 11:21 AM, said:

We need people to download the installer, ZIP file, and source from GitHub and find any outstanding serious issues.

Thanks to Derek for trying an installation on a

• Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0.19043)

Please can we have some more installation trials, preferably on a variety of Windows versions? Thank you.

#12 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 10 September 2021 - 07:07 PM

Update check still fails in rc2.

#13 User is offline   superheatedsteam 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 10 September 2021 - 11:59 PM

I tested Version 1.4-rc2 Build 0.0.7923.37092 on Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0.19041).

I downloaded and extracted the .zip install set in order to maintain a separate OR instance from the others currently on my pc.

I only run my trains on my route, but I experienced no crashing or anomalies with high triangle (~4.7 Million) trains with 32xMSAA, LOD at 100% and Draw Distance of 10,000m.

Well done and I thank you for your efforts.

#14 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 11 September 2021 - 12:03 AM

View PostJames Ross, on 10 September 2021 - 12:14 PM, said:

I would probably include these kinds of things in "Anything else which will have a large impact", although if the bug is minor then I don't see too much point in delaying the Stable Version to fix it, instead of getting it into 1.4.1 or 1.5.

If you have anything in mind, do let us know, though, as each bug is unique :)

By analysing the 3D cab issues that akioyamamura pointed out, I found out a good bunch of bugs, which I believe I have solved.
I have generated three bug reports for that:
1) https://bugs.launchp...or/+bug/1943302 3D cab bugs in bars and digitals : this bug wasn't present in 1.3.1, and I believe to know when it was introduced; it's in reality two bugs which have the same origin, so I have to handle them together; it has been reported to me that this bug affects also at least one commercial content developer
2) https://bugs.launchp...or/+bug/1943303 In 3D cabs bars for variables ranging from negative to positive values are incorrectly displayed; this bug has alwas been present;
3) https://bugs.launchp...or/+bug/1943307 In 3d cabs Alert colour not displayed when feature selected : this bug has always been present.

While I am fixing those bugs all in one for ORNYMG, I assume that you prefer a step-by-step approach for Testing and eventually Release versions; therefore at the moment I'm preparing the PR for issue 1). If and when that will have been merged, I'll prepare the PRs for issues 2) and 3).

Update: I've generated the PR for issue 1)

#15 User is offline   alifatico 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:open rails

Posted 11 September 2021 - 06:40 AM

Indeed, the test we did was with the Testing 1969 version since the 2020 version had not yet come out.

I have just tested the Renfe 449 on the new rc2 and the brakes DO work now. Throughout these days we will be doing more tests.

Last night testing the rc1 in multiplayer with 7 players, If a train stops at a station to let another pass, when the other arrives, the dispacher shows the correct non-collision route, but according to the speed of the arriving train, it does not obey the path and changes to the track occupied by the first train to which it joins.

We don't know if the problem is the route, the couples, the material, or what.

Best Regards

#16 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 11 September 2021 - 08:37 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 11 September 2021 - 12:03 AM, said:

By analysing the 3D cab issues that akioyamamura pointed out, I found out a good bunch of bugs, which I believe I have solved.
I have generated three bug reports for that:
1) https://bugs.launchp...or/+bug/1943302 3D cab bugs in bars and digitals : this bug wasn't present in 1.3.1, and I believe to know when it was introduced; it's in reality two bugs which have the same origin, so I have to handle them together; it has been reported to me that this bug affects also at least one commercial content developer
2) https://bugs.launchp...or/+bug/1943303 In 3D cabs bars for variables ranging from negative to positive values are incorrectly displayed; this bug has alwas been present;
3) https://bugs.launchp...or/+bug/1943307 In 3d cabs Alert colour not displayed when feature selected : this bug has always been present.

While I am fixing those bugs all in one for ORNYMG, I assume that you prefer a step-by-step approach for Testing and eventually Release versions; therefore at the moment I'm preparing the PR for issue 1). If and when that will have been merged, I'll prepare the PRs for issues 2) and 3).

Please do keep them separate (presumably 3 PRs for the 3 bug reports), as that ensures we can isolate any causes of problems in the future (unlikely for these, but this is the principal). If they're all ready to merge at once, we will only create a single new version.

Given these affect many/all 3D cabs (I know not too many exist, but we want to encourage their creation) and you seem to have fixes ready, I believe these three all meet the criteria for having a large impact. Please go ahead and make all three PRs target "release/1.4".

Thanks!

View Postalifatico, on 11 September 2021 - 06:40 AM, said:

I have just tested the Renfe 449 on the new rc2 and the brakes DO work now. Throughout these days we will be doing more tests.

Great, thanks for re-testing!

#17 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 11 September 2021 - 11:28 AM

OK, I've uploaded the three PRs. PR #477 must be merged as first.

#18 User is offline   nounours1952 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS / OR

Posted 13 September 2021 - 01:37 AM

Hello,

thank you for this new version of OR.

This "monogame" version does not start if "avast" antivirus is enabled.

The update to the old stable version seems to be an oversight.

https://zupimages.net/up/21/37/anwa.jpg

Amicalement
Pascal

#19 User is offline   Aldarion 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Owner

Posted 13 September 2021 - 04:12 PM

Hi.

Just downloaded the exe for 1.4-rc2, installed, tested on my route and drove 68km in the most densly decorated stretch of track
Conditions of test:
Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64 bits (10.0.22000)
DISPLAY1 (3840 x 2160, 32-bit, primary, 0 x 0)
Intel® Core™ i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz (16 threads, 8 cores, 2,9 GHz)
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER (4,0 GB RAM) (nvlddmkm 30.0.14.7168)
antialiasing at 32xMSAA

No problems whatsoever.58-59fps

#20 User is offline   Weter 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 13 September 2021 - 08:27 PM

Having such a rich hard...:)
Who would doubt...

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »