Converter for MAX-->MSTS what i'm searching for Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 27 August 2021 - 10:08 PM

Hello, dear colleagues.
My mate, who creates locomotive models is stopped now, by converter limitations.
He need some advice about good converter, which would allow him to export large-poly 200k) models for ORTS-using.
Let him tell...

#2 User is offline   UranGS 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: New Hire
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 27 August 2021 - 10:50 PM

Hi all..! I have a question for everyone who uses the converter for MCTS / ORTS. I am having a problem with the standard converter converting 3ds to s files. If locomotives up to 200 thousand polygons can still be converted, then 3D cabins are already a problem. If several frames with different materials are attached to one, then it has a limit for the entire frame of ~ 50 k polygons. So the body is 50, bogies of 50 thousand each and that 150K locomotive. If all the frames with one material, on the contrary, are not attached, but linked with the indication of the main "MAIN", then the converter refuses to convert.
maybe I don’t understand something., most likely ..) Although some guys. I saw 3D cabins converted to shape, weighing 180,000 polygons and normal in ORTS
And one more moment. It happens that the arrows of the instruments are at an angle, in a normal position. In 3Ds Max, I tilt the arrows in LOCAL mode. I start exporting the cockpit, the converter gives an error - object reflection and cloning have been applied. Although this was not the case. The use of resetting X forms and Collapse does not help. And sometimes the animation itself is distorted because of this.

In general, I am worn out with this converter. Because it is not always known what conditions must be adhered to in order to convert large file types. Maybe there are people who know what the problem is, or can create a new converter for Max, respectively, not for free if necessary ..? I ask you to excuse me if something is wrong, but I do not on purpose, but just want to know your opinion on this, that's all.)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users