Elvas Tower: Can not compile ORTS "Testing" version (while "Stable" compiles...) - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can not compile ORTS "Testing" version (while "Stable" compiles...) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   BenBo 

• Apprentice
  • Pip
  • Group: Status: Fired
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 12 August 2021 - 10:14 PM

Hi everybody,

I am experiencing two big issues when I try to compile the "Testing" version of ORTS. The "Stable" version is compiled without problem, but VS2017 and VS2019 keep complaining about multiple problems if I try to compile the "Testing" source code.

Problem 1 : there is a lot of resx files which stop compilation because of "The mark of the Web" error (error MSB3821). I solved the issue by tracking each file reported by VS and checking the "Unblock" option. However, I have no idea why the resx files from the "Stable" source code are compiled properly, while the ones from "Testing" are leading to error MSB3821

Problem 2 : I get around 90 errors CS0234 and CS0246 related to "CodeDom", "ProviderOptions", "CSharpCodeProvider", "Fact" and "Fact Attribute". Compiler complains that type name or namespace can not be found. As far as I can see, "CodeDom" packet appears in NuGet, so I really wonder what can be the cause of these errors. Same thing for [Fact] in StfReader.cs.

For problem 2, I can not find any solution. The two problems appear both in VS2017 and VS2019.

Right now, I am not really blocked (I make changes on files from "Stable" for my experimentations) but if somebody knows what to do to solve the issue, I would be an happy man :sign_thanks:

(I am working on a new function for ORTS to allow physical I/Os to be used to control the train in place the keyboard. Right now, I am using a Arduino to emulate the keyboard from physical buttons and potentiometers, but results are not satisfying. My goal is to add a new module in ORTS to support this kind of systems in place of keyboard and RailDriver)

Benoit

This post has been edited by BenBo: 12 August 2021 - 10:36 PM

#2 User is offline   pwillard 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 13 August 2021 - 10:22 AM

While on the subject of #2 (Which I admire), we might consider what others have done with sims... like the INSIM and OUTSIM and OUTGAUGE API's used with "live for speed", as racing sim.

My linkLive For speed API's

#3 User is offline   Serana 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 19 August 2021 - 10:21 AM

View PostBenBo, on 12 August 2021 - 10:14 PM, said:

Problem 2 : I get around 90 errors CS0234 and CS0246 related to "CodeDom", "ProviderOptions", "CSharpCodeProvider", "Fact" and "Fact Attribute". Compiler complains that type name or namespace can not be found. As far as I can see, "CodeDom" packet appears in NuGet, so I really wonder what can be the cause of these errors. Same thing for [Fact] in StfReader.cs.

You are missing some dependencies because they are probably not downloaded.

#4 User is offline   BenBo 

• Apprentice
  • Pip
  • Group: Status: Fired

Posted 19 August 2021 - 11:50 AM

View PostSerana, on 19 August 2021 - 10:21 AM, said:

You are missing some dependencies because they are probably not downloaded.

Hi Serana,

what are the missing dependencies ? How can I identify the missing files ?

I have downloaded the source code from the ORTS website and dollowed instructions to compile it, there are no instruction telling to download any other file.
Moreover, if I take the case of CodeDom dependency, the package appears in NuGet (which says that the most recent version of the file is already there), so why does CS complain about dependency ?

Thanks

Benoit

#5 User is offline   Serana 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 19 August 2021 - 12:15 PM

In your case, one of your missing dependency is Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform.

It is probably selected on NuGet but not downloaded.

If you want, I am available to help you in French in vocal (mainly on Discord).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users