#81 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 06 October 2021 - 10:02 AM

BB22210, on 05 October 2021 - 09:28 PM, said:

Hello,
Our wish (because we are many trainimers) would be to have a true 64-bit version, with a graphics rendering process capable of running on several cores (really crippling), capable to compete with the TS2021 in terms of performance and graphics quality, which is gaining more and more followers despite its exorbitant costs (routes, rolling stock) and its signaling bugs and the poor choice of routes ;)
Could this major topic be added in the Trello ORTS project management : https://trello.com/b...n-rails-roadmap ?

However I look forward to seeing you at the next models/simulator greatest exhibition which will take place at 30 & 31 of October 2021 in Chambéry (France) on 13,500 m²
Hi Christophe,

The 64-bit task is already on a card in the Open Rail roadmap and assigned to v1.5, but it sounds as though you want something more than just 64-bit.

Hope you have a good time and lots of interest at the show.

#82 User is offline   BB22210 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRail

Posted 19 October 2021 - 01:56 PM

Hello,

Some friends of mine found a link on MG 1.4 : https://msts-rw.cz/o...k-cz-sk-verzia/
What is it ?

Rgds
BB22210

#83 User is offline   Lamplighter 

• Fireman

Posted 20 October 2021 - 12:28 AM

BB22210, on 19 October 2021 - 01:56 PM, said:

Hello,

Some friends of mine found a link on MG 1.4 : https://msts-rw.cz/o...k-cz-sk-verzia/
What is it ?

Rgds
BB22210

It is a home (national - Czech / Slovak) fork of Open Rails. It has undergone some development and coincidentally it will reach the same version 1.4 version.
It was created in response to the too slow introduction of new (and also foreign) ideas into the official core of the simulator.
The core contains a number of improvements to vehicle physics and the behavior of the simulator environment (Graphics enhancements).
It has a redesigned model of brakes so that the behavior of the brakes corresponds to European standards and various braking modes (freight, passengers and express). And also the brake controllers behavior of European brake systems DAKO, Knorr etc.
It also has reworked physics for adhesion and driving resistance to be more in line with real behavior.
It introduces new types of protection used on European railways: overcurrent protection, undervoltage protection or anti-slip protection.
All with new features for cabs and sounds.

The authors of this fork cite as a motive a very lengthy reactions and laxity in negotiations with the official team around the Open Rails core about new features. An example is the ARR automatic train control function.
Another reason is the fact that the current development of the standard version of the OR focuses on minor visual improvements and thus omits a number of problems and shortcomings in the physical behavior of vehicles.

I think that a similar situation some time ago was already solved around the Russian (generally Eastern European) community around Open Rails.

#84 User is offline   Aldarion 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Owner

Posted 20 October 2021 - 04:32 AM

oh... I have to have a go on that european inclined OR version.

#85 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 20 October 2021 - 08:27 AM

Aldarion, on 20 October 2021 - 04:32 AM, said:

oh... I have to have a go on that european inclined OR version.

I really like it, there’s just a lot of work to be done with it. For vehicles, it will be necessary to design the train type shift positions according to the braking modes. It will be a pretty big job because there are a lot of cars.

#86 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 October 2021 - 10:08 AM

Lamplighter, on 20 October 2021 - 12:28 AM, said:

The authors of this fork cite as a motive a very lengthy reactions and laxity in negotiations with the official team around the Open Rails core about new features. An example is the ARR automatic train control function.
Another reason is the fact that the current development of the standard version of the OR focuses on minor visual improvements and thus omits a number of problems and shortcomings in the physical behavior of vehicles.

I believe this dates from 3 years ago and this thread.

I think it's a shame that the Czech / Slovak team have found it easier to go their own way rather than work more closely with the Open Rails Project Team. It might be possible to port their changes back into the official version if anyone wants to give it a go. If not, there must be a lot that we could learn from their efforts.

Of course, our volunteers work on topics which they feel able to tackle. If some of these are "minor visual improvements", then these are welcome and eagerly incorporated

If you're planning a major enhancement, then please talk to us before you embark on it so we can discuss how it fits in. That's the reason that Blueprints for new features must be approved.

#87 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 20 October 2021 - 12:10 PM

I think that a similar situation some time ago was already solved around the Russian (generally Eastern European) community around Open Rails.

Hello,
As Dave said: would You be a little more specific? Or maybe use PM, if you'll find that more reasonable: I wonder, what do you know about "solution around OR"?

#88 User is offline   Lamplighter 

• Fireman

Posted 20 October 2021 - 08:43 PM

Weter, on 20 October 2021 - 12:10 PM, said:

Hello,
As Dave said: would You be a little more specific? Or maybe use PM, if you'll find that more reasonable: I wonder, what do you know about "solution around OR"?

I will therefore be more specific: the topic Developing the Developers.
I didn't mean to offend anyone. Just to explain why the fork of the simulator MG 1.4 (CZ/SK) was created.

#89 User is offline   BB22210 

• Fireman

Posted 20 October 2021 - 10:36 PM

Hi,
So ... we will therefore continue to follow with interest, the developments made by the official community of Elwas Tower developers, but also because it is easier to read English than Czech even if English is not is not our mother tongue.
It is still very damaging for the community that several dev branches are created without consultation.
Thank to "ET" developpers for the job they made/share for us ;)

@+
BB22210

#90 User is offline   BB22210 

• Fireman

Posted 20 October 2021 - 10:42 PM

Laci1959, on 20 October 2021 - 08:27 AM, said:

I really like it, there’s just a lot of work to be done with it. For vehicles, it will be necessary to design the train type shift positions according to the braking modes. It will be a pretty big job because there are a lot of cars.

is it really the right choice to make compared to the official version and whose source code remains readable and available by all developers?
I think the answer is included in the question ...

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users