Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TSRE5 Consist Editor Loading Problem Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Nighthawk72 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 26 July 2021 - 08:39 AM

This morning I upgraded my TSRE5 app to v0.7.002 from v0.6991. The Route Editor works fine. However, when I try to launch the Consist Editor, loading of the Trains folder stalls out @ 22% & will not load beyond that point. I have relaunched the Consist Editor bat file a number of times w/the same result. I then deleted & redownloaded the entire TSRE5 v0.7.002 file but the problem persists. I did some work in the older v0.6991 version earlier today changing the names of a few pieces of equipment and the editor worked perfectly, but then deleted the entire folder prior to downloading the newer version. I retrieved the old version from my recycle bin & tried launching the program from the old version, but it too now stalls out @ 22% when loading the Trains folder. I have renamed equipment using the editor many times before, so it isn't like this is the first time I have done this. Wondering if anyone else may have had this problem in the past and if so, what the fix might be. Any help is appreciated...hawk

#2 User is offline   Nighthawk72 

• Hostler

Posted 26 July 2021 - 10:08 AM

I'm not sure what happened but I deleted all the files I modified earlier & started adding them back into the Trainset folder one @ a time. Apparently, one particular file that I modified has something wrong w/it that I haven't figured out as yet, but when I remove that file from the TS folder, the editor works fine. I'm chasing what the problem might be there now. but it appears that it was nothing more than a corrupted equipment file. Should have thought to remove the modified files & begin systematic replacement prior to making the initial post, but didn't have that thought until later. Hopefully, if anyone else experiences this same problem, they will see this & can resolve the problem w/o a lot of trouble. Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated...hawk

#3 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 26 July 2021 - 10:13 AM

Posted 26 July 2021 - 07:52 PM
It left a log.
See anything bad there?

Well,I have act the same way, but TSRE log would tell you at once-which files it dislike.
What is "equipment" means?

#4 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 26 July 2021 - 02:29 PM

Weter, on 26 July 2021 - 10:13 AM, said:

Well,I have act the same way, but TSRE log would tell you at once-which files it dislike.
What is "equipment" means?

"equipment file" most likely means eng file.

#5 User is offline   Nighthawk72 

• Hostler

Posted 26 July 2021 - 07:25 PM

Equipment = rolling stock. I was changing the default names to match the naming conventions I have for the various pieces of rolling stock.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users