Elvas Tower: More Brake Enhancements - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

More Brake Enhancements Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 17 August 2021 - 09:44 AM

Following Laci1959's post:
Wheelspip lamp is usual.
Sure it can be heared and felt.

#22 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 17 August 2021 - 08:25 PM

View Postcjakeman, on 17 August 2021 - 08:17 AM, said:

Fine by me.

I'm not much bothered by the style of indication, but I do think there should be an indication. It seems a shame to provide a new feature which is then difficult to discover.

I have added an indication in the latest unstable version whereby when WSP is active the brake cylinder text on the BRAKE INFORMATION screen goes yellow for each individual car.

#23 User is offline   mozdonyos 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 22 September 2021 - 04:45 AM

Hello!

I don’t know if I’m writing a good topic on this, but if I don’t please direct me to the right topic.

If the parameter "BrakeSystemType (" Air_twin_pipe ")" is set for a vehicle, the vehicle's auxiliary air tank is charged from the main air tank line to line.
I don't know how this works in other countries, but in Hungary the auxiliary tank is not filled from the main air tank line,
Here, only the doors, the toilets, and on some cars the heating functions are operated from the main air tank line.
I don't know if it could be solved so that it can be controlled with a command. For example, ORTSAuxiliaryFilledFromMainRes (x).
0- Charging from the brake line
1- Charges from the main air duct.

Thanks for the developers response.

Best regards.

#24 User is offline   Weter 

Posted 22 September 2021 - 03:07 PM

Hello.
Air twin pipe is a special case of air brake system, spreaded in USA and maybe UK (as I understand).
First pipe is the same brake magistral used to control trains safety, but second one is SPECIAL pipe dedicated to fill auxiliary reservoirs.
So far:
1. There is nothing wrong in program's behavior with it
2. That is not feeding/main reservoir magistral, instead it's strictly limited for quick brake releasing and prevention of air run-outs.
As we say, it guarantees "неистощимость" of train air brakes despite of single pipe, where feeding is combined with control by pressure.
3. Recently, new parameter was introduced, that lets to set that second pipe's pressure lower, than MR pressure, so it can be maintained, say at 5-6 kgf/cm, while MR fluctuates between 7,5-9 following demands, leaks and compressor resupplies.

#25 User is offline   mozdonyos 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 23 September 2021 - 09:35 AM

Hello!

I understand the point.
But the new development control carriage function can only be modeled with the "Air_twin_pipe" function for both the locomotive and the wagons to get the main air tank air to the control carriage.
But this fills the auxiliary air tank, which is not realistic in our situation, affecting the dissolution / filling times.
For this, I tried to suggest this feature so that not only users in a certain country can configure their vehicles.

#26 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 23 September 2021 - 09:56 AM

According to the manual, no air tank is a normal air tank. From the capacity of the brake cylinder ?? and is calculated from the product of TripleValveRatio. If translated well by google.
Bezzeg has a vacuum brake.

Azért ezt is ide teszem.
A kézikönyv szerint nincs légtartály rendes légtartály. A fékhenger űrtartalmából ?? és a TripleValveRatio szorzatából számítja. Ha jól fordította a google.
Bezzeg a vákumféknek van.

#27 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 23 September 2021 - 09:59 AM

Does the energy-free control car also accept the value Air_twin_pipe, or only the EP?

#28 User is offline   Weter 

Posted 23 September 2021 - 01:33 PM

Hi.
If so, I put, this is very unobjective-to restrict unpowered control car configuration to twinpipe brake system type only: definitely, there are many other variations around the world.
But, I hope, this is only an initial stage of this functional's development, and not everything can be brought-up immediately and at the same time.
If I'm right here, let's try to be patient, and wait for some time, not tearing the author apart. Everything must be checked, tested, tweaked, fixed at first. Then, as things will work proper and as everything were intended, we can repeat our asks.

#29 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 23 September 2021 - 01:59 PM

View PostWeter, on 23 September 2021 - 01:33 PM, said:

Hi.
If so, I put, this is very unobjective-to restrict unpowered control car configuration to twinpipe brake system type only: definitely, there are many other variations around the world.
But, I hope, this is only an initial stage of this functional's development, and not everything can be brought-up immediately and at the same time.
If I'm right here, let's try to be patient, and wait for some time, not tearing the author apart. Everything must be checked, tested, tweaked, fixed at first. Then, as things will work proper and as everything were intended, we can repeat our asks.

Yes, that's true, but then I'll convert it to EP now, and then back. That's when the mistake that slips over my eyes usually slips.
A locomotive, a wagon and a controller were converted. I already see something but I still don’t know it’s a mistake or just weird because I haven’t paid attention so far.

#30 User is offline   Weter 

Posted 23 September 2021 - 02:09 PM

Actually, that is not EP, as I understood you, right?
Author needs a feedback, definitely, but let's follow the right way: set realistic parameters, which will not be changed, then observe the outcome and then-report to author.
But not spending your or his time and efforts to enter and then discuss here the fake parameters, needed for cheating program, hoping for immediate result as expected right now.

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users