#111 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 06 August 2021 - 10:26 AM

Aldarion, on 06 August 2021 - 01:13 AM, said:

The idea came to me all of the sudden:

Shouldn't we have an option checkbox such as "MSTS legacy" that would turn on all necessary options?

Hi Rui,

Yes, that approach will probably apply to a number of options. I'm trying to understand the scope of each one, so that will throw up any that should be considered as "Compatible with legacy content".

-----------------------------------------------------------

The next option is:

Attached Image: 2021-08-06 19_09_33-MS Excel with extensions - Options.xlsx.jpg
Manual entry:

This option enables door open/close at station stops on AI trains having passenger trainsets with door animation. Doors are opened 4 seconds after train stop and closed 10 seconds before train start. Due to the fact that not all routes have been built with correct indication of the platform side with respect to the track, this option can be individually disabled or enabled on a per-route basis, as explained here. With option enabled, doors open and close automatically also when a player train is in autopilot mode.
The option is active only in activity mode.

I was puzzled at first as to why we have this option at all. However the manual text explains why it might be needed. The manual entry also links to a different section which explains how to override the option with an include statement in a <route>\OpenRails\<route>.trk file.

Isn't it interesting that with this arrangement, the route file is the master and overrides the user setting of the option? I think this was the behaviour that Peter wanted for an activity, so the activity creator could be sure how the simulator would behave.

I'll make a note to update the manual as that refers to the "Experimental Options Window" but it should be the "Simulation Tab of the Options Form".

Also, I fail to see why this option is limited to the Activity mode. Surely it should be available also in the Timetable mode?

#112 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 06 August 2021 - 11:14 AM

Hello.
I would keep the forced red option separate because it’s easier to handle. Maybe it should be put into the activity, so it’s up to the Activity creator to decide which part of a larger track to apply. The Great Plain routes are 2,200 km in size, and most of them are double-track, so a more inexperienced user does not have to worry about turning them off according to where the task takes place.
Complemented by the solution proposed by ebnertra000. In the sigcfg.dat file, with an option in the SignalSubObjs block of the flag. This will make it flexible enough for the track builder and the activity builder.
SignalSubObj (xy
"Forced_red"
"Forced red"
SigSubType (USER4)
SignalFlags (OPTIONAL)
)

Regards Laci 1959

#113 User is offline   Aldarion 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Owner

Posted 07 August 2021 - 01:00 AM

cjakeman, on 06 August 2021 - 10:26 AM, said:

Also, I fail to see why this option is limited to the Activity mode. Surely it should be available also in the Timetable mode?

Definetly. I'm all in favour of everything being available in timetable mode. 'tis my favourite mode. Every train is there already. Activities should even be able to use timetable data and add 'layers' of other timetable files for special trains, for example, if needed for that activity alone.

#114 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President

Posted 12 August 2021 - 11:24 PM

Sorry for the break in posts. Grandchildren visiting and they seem to take over everything !

Attached Image: 2021-08-06 19_09_33-MS Excel with extensions - Options.xlsx.jpg

cjakeman, on 06 August 2021 - 10:26 AM, said:

Isn't it interesting that with this arrangement, the route file is the master and overrides the user setting of the option? I think this was the behaviour that Peter wanted for an activity, so the activity creator could be sure how the simulator would behave.

Thinking about this a bit more, we could remove this option altogether.

Since this is a route-specific issue, all that users need is a revised entry in the Manual which explains how to disable the opening doors on routes where they open on the wrong side:

ORTSOpenDoorsInAITrains ( 0 ) disables door open/close for this route

#115 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President

Posted 15 August 2021 - 02:18 AM

Attached Image: 2021-08-14 19_53_09-MS Excel with extensions - Squared1.jpg

This is the last control in Menu > Options > Simulation

As others have mentioned, this appears to be a straightforward legacy option for an activity. Check the box if you wish your activities to revert to MSTS behaviour.

Ryan was proposing here to make this automatic, but I think that's a step too far and would make it difficult to diagnose any problems.

How about giving it the same treatment as "Open/Close doors in AI trains" with a file that you add to an activity if you want to revert to MSTS behaviour?

#116 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 15 August 2021 - 03:20 AM

>Ryan was proposing here to make this automatic, but I think that's a step too far and would make it difficult to diagnose any problems.

Its not a good idea at the moment as its broken. Carlo had a look and gave up on it.

#117 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 15 August 2021 - 04:13 AM

Previously, this worked well in TimeTable mode, sometime in 2018. You had to work with fewer paths. I haven’t played that route lately.
If the track at the station is free, my specified route has gone. If you crossed with a train coming from the front, you used the alternative route (passingh path).
It would have been nice if it had stayed in some form. Too bad he was ruined.

PS: It may be a bug in Google compiler, but I mean, this feature no longer works. I just tried it, it works perfectly in version X1.3.1-285 with the option turned off. This is true of TT mode.

#118 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2021 - 10:21 AM

I just remembered something... the Option called World Object Density... Goku's editor now allows for values greater than ten. Both Eric E and myself are using higher values now. Could you remove the limit assigned to the wheeled value on the screen? The data has always had two purposes -- adjusting what you will or will not see when you run the sim as well as sorting the entries in world files. For sorting purposes 10 values has always been too few and while most of the higher values are used for tools -- temporary push pins, signs, rulers, etc -- having more to work with allows us to spread out the sorting for real stuff such that real stuff is being assigned values >10 and that means as-is we can't see stuff that should be displayed.

#119 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President

Posted 15 August 2021 - 10:49 AM

Genma Saotome, on 15 August 2021 - 10:21 AM, said:

Could you remove the limit assigned to the wheeled value on the screen?
Yes, happy to do that.

The "wheeled value" (NumericUpDown) must have a maximum, so I can change it to a text field that accepts only digits.

#120 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2021 - 12:49 PM

cjakeman, on 15 August 2021 - 10:49 AM, said:

Yes, happy to do that.

The "wheeled value" (NumericUpDown) must have a maximum, so I can change it to a text field that accepts only digits.

Probably best. Thank you!

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users