• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Menu Options Can we simplify them? Rate Topic: -----

#171 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 09 September 2021 - 11:32 PM

If a task starts brightly and ends brightly, then turning on night textures is unnecessary. This can help users with weaker machines.
I know this is not a wish show, but it would be nice to use this for Activity. That is, the task creator could turn this option on and off according to the nature of the task.

I remain ever hopeful that one day we route builders will be able to specify when night textures are turned on and off individually.

If the necessary knowledge is available, we will do it on a track under reconstruction. Unfortunately, I don't have this yet.

#172 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 10 September 2021 - 11:36 AM

What about this one?

Attached Image: 2021-09-10 20_30_54-MS Excel with extensions - Options.xlsx.jpg

The Manual reads:

Attached Image: 2021-09-10 20_29_11-OpenRails-Testing-Manual(5).pdf - Foxit Reader.jpg

This seems like an option that should be available to players.

A more interesting question might be the default setting. Should Open Rails be aiming for the best graphics by default (not sure that it currently is)? Should this option be checked by default?

#173 User is online   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 10 September 2021 - 02:05 PM

This looks very strange in some signalings, especially, being duplicated (hard coded by designer and exaggerated by checked option), so I see the sense to keep this option for users to tune an image of the signals.

#174 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 10 September 2021 - 03:52 PM

This one is indeed worth keeping in some form, because, as Weter said, many MSTS-era systems are designed with signal lamp textures using (I think) MIP-maps or some other technique that would make the light appear larger as you move away from the signal. Combining this feature with signal light glow makes absurdly large lights in the distance, often rivaling the sun until you get close, when they rapidly shrink down to normal

#175 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 10 September 2021 - 10:48 PM

The base tracks, and many more tracks, use the original siglight.ace file. Its size is 64 × 64 pixels. You must approach the marker close to 100 meters to see the signal light. They tried to help with this with the option discussed.
There are tracks that use a larger image file. The size of the Hungarian tracks is 512 × 512 pixels. The Czech and Slovak tracks half of this. So the selection is quite large.
What would be a good solution? Unfortunately, I don't know.

Sincerely, Laci 1959

#176 User is online   Weter 

Posted 10 September 2021 - 11:55 PM

The solution variant was made by TarasB in his TrumGame: he added a "dot light source" at lamp textures locations.
Such dot will appear in distances, closer than "max viewing distance" and will always look as 1-pixel size light source with defined color.
As you approach closer, the real texture of lamp can be seen.
This allows player to see signals, traffic lights and headlights, streetlamps in distances, where their light textures, because their sizes, are not displayed already.
He based on OpenGL.

#177 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 11 September 2021 - 02:04 AM

Track=Palya=Route?
Base tracks=6 MSTS original routes?

Yes

Marker=Signal

I try to put it strictly in literary language, but Google translator intervenes. If I notice it, I will correct the misconception.

The solution variant was made by TarasB in his TrumGame: he added a "dot light source" to lamp textures locations.

Where can I look it up?

#178 User is online   Weter 

Posted 11 September 2021 - 03:25 AM

You can go there
And draw Budapest tram network with original models after some practice:)
I have already noticed, that online translators translates from/to Magyar very poor, especially poetry.

#179 User is online   Weter 

Posted 11 September 2021 - 03:34 AM

Laci1959 said:

The base tracks, and many more tracks, use the original siglight.ace file. Its size is 64 × 64 pixels. You must approach the marker close to 100 meters to see the signal light. They tried to help with this with the option discussed.
There are tracks that use a larger image file. The size of the Hungarian tracks is 512 × 512 pixels. The Czech and Slovak tracks half of this. So the selection is quite large.

Will be:
The MSTS default routes and many more ones, use the original siglight.ace file. Its size is 64 × 64 pixels. You must approach to the signal closer, than 100 meters to see the signal light. That was tral to help with this, with the option discussed.
There are routes that use a larger texture file. It's size on the Hungarian routes is 512 × 512 pixels. The Czech and Slovak signaling uses a half of that. So the selection is quite large.

#180 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 12 September 2021 - 12:38 AM

Hi Chris,

I am preparing to do some work on Diesel Mechanic locomotives, and as part of it I want to plot performance curves for them to see how OR compares with published test reports.

On the Data Logger TAB I set up a feature called "Log Steam Performance Data" which captures a number of performance values every 5 mph into a spreadsheet file so that they can be plotted against speed.

I need to do a similar exercise with diesel locomotives. It would also be handy to set the x axis value so I am thinking of having a selection box so that users can select different mph values for greater granularity in some instances.

Based upon your work so far, do you have any suggestions, or should I just proceed in a similar fashion to the data on the "Data Logger" TAB?

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users