Elvas Tower: TSRE5_v0.7.001 track laying issues - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TSRE5_v0.7.001 track laying issues Not all of sections listed are available Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Post icon  Posted 10 June 2021 - 07:04 AM

Just have started working with TSRE5 - impressions are very good, but there is number of questions.
First:
Some of track sections from the list at the right are invisible after placement, some other look like black lines, pointing in the sky, with blue pole, parallel to the ground.
What's the problem with them?

Other thing: after modifying track section which have related item (milepost, platform, or siding markers) the "empty item"s persist in TDB and I have no idea how to remove/repair them. Only conclusion I made-delete all related items BEFORE modifying corresponding track section. Is there any other way?

"Bad" mileposts spoil all preceding ones (relative to playre's train current position) at ORTS track monitor; "bad" platforms throw warnings about "not matching ends", that will spoil cjakeman's timetable window.
And while I have learned to delete bad milepost BEFORE replacing with new one, with platform/siding markers that doesn't work, as they are no longer visible, so can't be selected for deleting. Else, such platform/siding items last in TDB, but mentioned once, instead of twice mention of "proper" items. Naturally, simple manual deleting them from file causes ORTS crash during route loading.

Third:
Relative MSTS RE, I heard an advise to avoid using of dynamic track except extreme need for some reasons (which, btw?)
What for TSRE? Are there any limitations/reasons for not using dynamic track?
As I can't find many curved sections of moderate radius (500-1000m). Using of dynamic track would be handy.
And what about promised procedural track laying, if we began this topic?
I've seen template shapes for rail-tie lattice as well as katenary inside TSRE assets folder.

#2 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 10 June 2021 - 08:17 AM

Commandment #1 of route building:

"Never shall thee edit a track node which hath interactives on it"

Read: do not edit any track between blue and/or red poles if there are interactive objects between those same poles. No exceptions. Ever.

Dynamic track was a bit buggy in TSRE. This may or may not still be the case. Use with caution.

Track sections appearing strangely are probably track shapes you don't have. If the shape appears, but is black, you have the shape but not the texture.

Hope this helps

#3 User is online   Weter 

Posted 10 June 2021 - 08:38 AM

Thanks,Travis.
I don't understand well about "poles": do you mean single section between blue/red poles (are the red ones only switch beginnings, or may be anything else, btw?), or sequence of section - as every piece of track begins and ends with blue poles :)
I do have *.s & *.sd of them-I've checked.

So either: no any interactives adding before completing track work; or deleting all of them, before track modifying?
Last time I've just pressed Z twice and that destroyed platform&sibing on adjacent piece!

#4 User is offline   xavivilla 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails - RailWorks

Posted 10 June 2021 - 08:51 AM

And do you have your textures in the TEXTURES folder of your under construction path?
If you place a shape and there is no associated texture, TSRE places a black texture on the object.
Make sure you have the following line: 'ignoreMissingGlobalShapes = true' in the TSRE settings.txt file so that shapes that are named in tsection.dat and are not in the GLOBAL / SHAPES folder, do not appear in the path parts list in TSRE

#5 User is offline   steved 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORMG

Posted 10 June 2021 - 08:54 AM

If you don't have the .s or .sd files for a given switch or piece of track you don't have those tracks installed.
Mtracks, UKfinescale and ScaleRail are examples of track that must be installed by the end user. There are more.
You will have to hunt them down and install them in order to be able to use them and have them show up in routes.
The OpenRailsLog file will show you what's missing.

#6 User is online   Weter 

Posted 10 June 2021 - 08:57 AM

Hola, Xavi!
1. I thought, all track sections use same texture acleantrack#X, and rest sections are displayed in TSRE without problem.
2. So, the list at the right, related to track sections is derived from tsection.dat? As list of objects-from *.ref, right?
Then, strange, that I can see *.s and *.sd files at route Shapes folder and view shapes with S-viewer, but not by TSRE.
The black lines, I've mention don't look like proper shapes, coated with black texture instead of missing one-they are distorted, inclined to the sky and has hundred of meters length, or invisible.
3. Where can be found that missing shapes? Last Xtracks I know is v3.20. Dated more, than 10 years ago.
4. Have the shapes and textures be compulsory in special route sub folders every time, or I can dump all them in global folder for avoiding numerous of duplication the same files for every route I have?
Thanks, Steve as well.
Open rails log shows only that lacks, that saved route has.
As I delete sections, that don't display or appeared distorted, and don't place them on route, it has no erroneous sections.
Do I understand right, that tsection.dat contains all names of trackshapes available ever, disregard, wether them the part of free Xtracks or payware ScaleRails?

#7 User is offline   xavivilla 

• Fireman

Posted 10 June 2021 - 10:20 AM

Weter, on 10 June 2021 - 08:57 AM, said:

1. I thought, all track sections use same texture acleantrack#X, and rest sections are displayed in TSRE without problem.

The acleanxxxx textures correspond to the A1txxxx tracks, but the other types of tracks have their own texture files, for example the S1txxxx-type tracks, the textures are scleanxxx and so on.

2. So, the list at the right, related to track sections is derived from tsection.dat? As list of objects-from *.ref, right?
Then, strange, that I can see *.s and *.sd files at route Shapes folder and view shapes with S-viewer, but not by TSRE.
The black lines, I've mention don't look like proper shapes, coated with black texture instead of missing one-they are distorted, inclined to the sky and has hundred of meters length, or invisible.

Tell me the name of the shapes that cause this error

3. Where can be found that missing shapes? Last Xtracks I know is v3.20. Dated more, than 10 years ago.

There are track shapes that can only be obtained on certain routes and are not in the Xtracks package.
There are also the Ytracks and Ztracks packages (the latter are zip tracks)

4. Have the shapes and textures be compulsory in special route sub folders every time, or I can dump all them in global folder for avoiding numerous of duplication the same files for every route I have?

The shape files of the track and road parts must all be in the GLOBAL / SHAPES folder, not in the shapes folder of the path under construction. The textures do have to be in the TEXTURES folder of the path under construction.

#8 User is online   Weter 

Posted 10 June 2021 - 10:34 AM

A1t70strt, 80mstrt 90mstrt, for example, 0_4mstrt...
I used only single track A1t, as the route is single track in this area.
TSRE copied thousands of shapes in this route's folder. I've seen them, so no wonder, then, they may be absent at Global folder.

#9 User is offline   xavivilla 

• Fireman

Posted 10 June 2021 - 01:54 PM

Weter, on 10 June 2021 - 10:29 AM, said:

A1t70strt, 80mstrt 90mstrt, for example, 0_4mstrt...

Of these shapes, I only have A1t90mstrt and it displays correctly.

#10 User is online   Weter 

Posted 10 June 2021 - 01:59 PM

Some of them displayed when with wooden ties, but not, if with concrete. (If there are such variants.)
This is only some of erroneous shapes, full list will be available when I'll be at my laptop with TSRE.

But where did TSRE take that shapes to populate new route's SHAPES subdirectory, if there are no such shapes in Global folder?

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users