• Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 10 May 2021 - 04:44 AM

http://www.elvastowe...eenshot&id=2980
File Name: B&O 1858-1860's Freight Set Part 2
File Submitter: timmuir
File Submitted: 09 May 2021
File Category: Beta Test Files

BETA B&O 1858-1860's Freight Set Test Consist for OPEN RAILS ONLY - PART 2

Here is a small 1858-era Baltimore & Ohio RR freight train set. This set contains five rock gondolas, loaded and not, and three house cars, loaded and naught.

Open Rails tested only. I have not tested the cars in MSTS because I don't have it installed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About the contents, all meshes were constructed and mapped in TSM Pro. All artwork and special effects are done in Paint Shop Pro7.4, using textures.com transparent "decals" for dusting, streaking, rusting and other effects and textures.
https://www.textures...ry/decals/52338

Other textures were also used from textures.com, such as various metal images, scratched and/or rusted; various brass and copper, iron wheel tread, wood, etc.

The rock gondolas were built by eye from photos found in various publications, the major resource being John H. White's, "The American Railroad Freight Car", a book I regard with much favor and heartily recommend to anyone interested in the wood car era. Very good drawings of B&O's unique floating bolster wood beam trucks appear within the book, so these models are very accurate in construction.

The box cars are not exact to any one specific type, but based on the 1856 B&O boxcar drawings on page 178 of White's fore mentioned volume. They are all typically of ten ton capacity.

No caboose, yet. I would like to know if the B&O had a conductor's car of some kind in this period. It's on my list.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++========================+++++++++++++++++++++++==============
LEGAL:
As author of this design, I advise that it is copyrighted, but royalty free. You may use it and edit it as you wish, but you may not distribute it for money, or include it in a paid distribution without permission from Tim Muir, who can be reached via personal message at Elvas Tower http://www.elvastower.com/forums/. You must include my name in your credits, as well as my copyright notices, and this entire Readme.txt, if you repaint it, use or derive files from it, or otherwise use or distribute these files.
Because this program is royalty free, it is provided WHERE IS, AS IS, WITH ALL FAULTS, and WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE or any other warranties. There is no liability by the authors in your use of this program, instead all liability is assumed by the user.

TWM

May 9, 2021

Click here to download this file

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users