Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wheels do not rotate Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 09 May 2021 - 12:05 AM

I draw the attention to this Launchpad bug report https://bugs.launchp...or/+bug/1926988 . I can confirm that, with simple controls and physics set and advanced adhesion set, the wheels pf the shunter attached to the report don't rotate. They do in OR NewYear MG rev. 98.1. Last sentence added to ease solution of the issue to locomotive physics experts. I personally prefer not to touch train physics in the official OR releases.
This is the difference between the two OR versions
Attached File  simplecontrol.diff.txt (817bytes)
Number of downloads: 237

#2 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 09 May 2021 - 02:17 AM

Hi Carlo,

View PostCsantucci, on 09 May 2021 - 12:05 AM, said:

I draw the attention to this Launchpad bug report https://bugs.launchp...or/+bug/1926988 . I can confirm that, with simple controls and physics set and advanced adhesion set, the wheels pf the shunter attached to the report don't rotate. They do in OR NewYear MG rev. 98.1. Last sentence added to ease solution of the issue to locomotive physics experts. I personally prefer not to touch train physics in the official OR releases.
This is the difference between the two OR versions
Attachment simplecontrol.diff.txt

Thanks for raising this issue. I will have a look at it shortly.

#3 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 11 May 2021 - 12:13 AM

I have had a look at this issue, and can confirm that it is an issue where advanced adhesion is selected, and simple controls and physics is also selected. In principle simple controls/physics should override all advanced options, instead OR was trying to operate in an "indeterminate" state.

This has now been corrected in the latest unstable version (ie if simple controls/physics is selected then adhesion is forced to simple adhesion regardless of whether advanced adhesion is selected or not).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users