• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Single slip points Signal conflicting moves Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 05 May 2021 - 06:21 AM

I'm still a bit of a novice on route building, but here is the point work in question:-

1.a1tSglSlip10d150r.s

2.a1tPnt10d150rLftSlipMnl

3.a1tPnt10d150rRgtSlipMnl

http://www.atomic-album.co.uk/showPic.php/178898/SingleSlip.jpg

The signals for the Player and AI trains always show 'Clear_2' for conflicting moves for the actual crossover part ? ie:

Player train( Green ) from top to bottom, AI Train( Purple) from bottom to top.

Both trains meet at the crossover with clear signals!

Has this always been a problem with this type of point work.

If so, does the workaround on the steam4me website suited for single slips as well?

Thanks

#2 User is offline   steved 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORMG

Posted 05 May 2021 - 06:50 AM

I'm not sure of the switch layout but you can't have two red poles next to each other.
You need to place a short straight section between them.

#3 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 05 May 2021 - 06:58 AM

steved, on 05 May 2021 - 06:50 AM, said:

I'm not sure of the switch layout but you can't have two red poles next to each other.
You need to place a short straight section between them.

Hi

There are no red poles next to each other. I have seen that situation at various times, where R.E complains about it!

Thanks

#4 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 05 May 2021 - 07:47 AM

There are 2 'black dots' indicating a cross-over, that should be just one. So it looks like the crossover has not been set up correctly in the .tdb, and the two paths do not share this cross-over. This means that the signalling does not 'see' the crossover and therefor cannot properly control the trains.
You may try to remove and then replace the shape with holds the crossover and hope that this time the route-editor will set up the crossover correctly.
No guarantee for that, though - both the MSTS route-editor and TRSE regularly create incorrect crossovers.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#5 User is offline   jonas 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 05 May 2021 - 07:58 AM

@Coolhand101, you can try a possible test to see if it is indeed a crossover with OR's Track Viewer.

Attached Image: CrossOverPoints.jpg

#6 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 05 May 2021 - 08:30 AM

There are two green dots. One directly on the center of the slip crossover and one where the two slip points meet.

http://www.atomic-album.co.uk/showPic.php/178898/TV-SLIP.jpg

The actual single slip in OR

http://www.atomic-album.co.uk/showPic.php/178898/TV-SLIP2.jpg

Thanks

#7 User is offline   jonas 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 05 May 2021 - 09:48 AM

If you expect it to be one dot (and, like Rob, I think it should be just one dot), then as a route builder I would actually rebuild the crosover again with the same track shapes (maybe laid in a different order) and see if it's just one dot after that. But I don't want to advise you to do anything "dangerous". Especially "fiddling" with already signalized tracks sometimes leads to difficult tdb files. So only with previous backup copy of the route. But I assume you know that anyway.

#8 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 05 May 2021 - 12:28 PM

jonas, on 05 May 2021 - 09:48 AM, said:

If you expect it to be one dot (and, like Rob, I think it should be just one dot), then as a route builder I would actually rebuild the crosover again with the same track shapes (maybe laid in a different order) and see if it's just one dot after that. But I don't want to advise you to do anything "dangerous". Especially "fiddling" with already signalized tracks sometimes leads to difficult tdb files. So only with previous backup copy of the route. But I assume you know that anyway.

Hi
The second black node is for the two point's. So what you see is three separate track pieces for this single slip. These are the crossover slip, right slip points and left slip points. I understand that double slip points have no signal protection IF both slips points are used at the same time, avoiding the actual crossover node. Signal protection only applies to the crossover node. In my scenario, the two trains meet at crossover node which should be protected. I'm wondering if the nodes are so close together, there is some confusion in the logic of protection. I have relaid this single slip more than a dozen times now and no error occurs in R.E or the OR log ?
There is another single slip but it's just one complete shape and even when this is laid correctly, there are two blue poles closed together in the middle of the track works.

Thanksml

#9 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 05 May 2021 - 01:07 PM

The second black node is for the two point's.

No, it isn't. Track connections do not show black dots (green dots in Trackviewer). It is clear from the position of these dots that the two crossover entries in the .tdb are not in the same location, therefor the signalling can not process it as a proper crossover.

I have relaid this single slip more than a dozen times now and no error occurs in R.E or the OR log ?
There is another single slip but it's just one complete shape and even when this is laid correctly, there are two blue poles closed together in the middle of the track works.

Yep, that all sounds very familiar. In my route I have dozens of single/double slips and 'scissor points' which all fail to set a proper crossover, with no warnings anywhere. Replacement sometimes helps, sometimes not. There seem to be certain conditions with regards to the connecting tracks that somehow inhibit the creation of a proper crossover.
There is one way to check it out : run the player train upto the slip, then check the Dispatcher Hud if a "+" is displayed (if you approach the slip from a switch end, the string should be "-<-+-", if from a non-switch end it should look like "-+-<-"). If you see no "+", the crossover is not placed properly.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#10 User is offline   m61 

• Fireman
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Status: Fired
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 05 May 2021 - 02:09 PM

1. In the View TSRE5 Options select TrackDB item
2. Signals going through this node need to be unlinked !
3. Ctrl + Q - toggle manual / auto add track to TDB (use Z key for manual)
4. Ctrl and mouse click to select all crossover items
5. use Z key to remove and add tracks to TDB
Attached Image: PVSV-2.jpg
Attached Image: pvsv2.jpg
Attached Image: pvso12.jpg
Attached Image: pvso13.jpg
Attached Image: pvso14.jpg
Attached Image: pvso15.jpg
Attached Image: pvso16.jpg

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic