Abnormal behavior Of AI Trains Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ADITYA3191 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 29 April 2021 - 04:38 AM

Hello Sir , I Have Observed very abnormal behavior of Open rails

Case 1 :-
My Player train i.e "Express" Train have passing Path on the station which consist of One Mainline and One loop line (with Platform ) and AI passenger Train have halt on that specific station then as my express train is approaching before the passenger train, OR is diverting my train to the loop and passenger train skips station through mainline ( No passing path for passenger train because it should take halt on that station ) . In this situation Player Train have passing path at that station

Case 2:-
IF my player train and AI Train are in same direction and having halt at same station ( On same platform ) and they are running Back to Back then after my player train arrives at the platform , OR is giving Mainline Clear for AI Train which suppose to take halt on the same platform of player train ( No Passing paths are included in this situation ).

Now Can someone tell me the reason behind these Cases ? I am using Latest testing version ( I have observed Case 1 in stable version Also )

#2 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 29 April 2021 - 06:30 AM

Are you running activity or timetable, and if activity, do you have option "use location pathing paths" set?
These are elemental details so please provide all required information.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#3 User is offline   ADITYA3191 

• Apprentice

Posted 29 April 2021 - 07:04 AM

View Postroeter, on 29 April 2021 - 06:30 AM, said:

Are you running activity or timetable, and if activity, do you have option "use location pathing paths" set?
These are elemental details so please provide all required information.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

Hi , Sorry For Not Providing required Information .
I am Playing in Activity Mode and Yes option "Location Linked Path Processing" is Ticked

#4 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 30 April 2021 - 12:59 AM

With "Location Linked Path Processing" selected, this is exactly the way in which trains are supposed to behave.
With this option, a passing path for any train through that location is made available to all other trains passing through that location - it is bound to the location (as the name implies), and not to the train.
So, in situation 1), the local train arrives first and is therefor routed through the passing path.
In situation 2), the Expres finds the main path blocked and is therefor routed through the passing path.

To restrict a passing path to the train for which it is defined, you must uncheck the "Location Linked Path Processing" option.

In all, though, you are using a passing path in a situation for which it is not intended. Passing paths are intended to be used in situations where passing points are not pre-defined, but the 'system' will work out where trains can best be held or need to be held to allow the passage of another train.
In the situation above, the passing move is planned. In such situations it is better to use 'fixed' paths only to ensure that such a planned move is indeed processed as intended, rather than to leave it for the 'system' to decide how it should be handled.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#5 User is offline   ADITYA3191 

• Apprentice

Posted 30 April 2021 - 04:14 AM

Thank you Sir For Making my concept clear but according to my point of view there is no use of option "Location Linked path processing" if the train is not obeying its Scheduled Halt. So I can't Imagine the situation where we can use "Location linked path processing" because in every activity AI trains Have there respective scheduled Halts.

#6 User is offline   joe_star 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 30 April 2021 - 10:09 AM

View PostADITYA3191, on 30 April 2021 - 04:14 AM, said:

Thank you Sir For Making my concept clear but according to my point of view there is no use of option "Location Linked path processing" if the train is not obeying its Scheduled Halt. So I can't Imagine the situation where we can use "Location linked path processing" because in every activity AI trains Have there respective scheduled Halts.

I think the logic works better for US style freight trains, which dont have station stops but operate on single lines with passing sidings in between stretches of track.

Not so much for passenger train operations unfortunately.

#7 User is offline   ADITYA3191 

• Apprentice

Posted 30 April 2021 - 08:19 PM

Yes , May be the option is only for freight operations.
Hi Sir , After Turing off the option "Location Linked path processing" , Case 2 is solved but case 1 becomes more complicated. Now again my express train is Diverted to loop line and passenger train stops behind the Home signal. So Path is blocked.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users