Even more realistic view from cab An accidential discovery Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 26 April 2021 - 06:23 PM

Preamble
Making series of screenshots for display topic, I used an idea, as the narrator went to the station, observed it, then gave the train review, showing its details from outside and from inside, then departed with that train and sharing some pictures of the ride.
So just before the departure, I shifted first carriage's 5 passenger camera forward to look outside, then inside the locomotive, to show it's cab, to "sit" on driver's place (as the interior of the model was made in fair quality). After that, I switched to 1 camera, took the control of the train and departed.
The end of preamble.

While the train moving, I cycled thru cameras and, turning to 5 viev again, seen just amazing effect:
As train oscillation was turned on (Ctrl+V) and carriage oscillated separately from locomotive, I've seen very real-looking camera behavior: is was swinging, jawing, inclining in curves, jumping on switches, shifting to outer side, as the train went thru curves, to "see the track better".
I recommend to you all to try that and hope, you will enjoy.
Maybe, it would be possible to add such camera behavior to 3d cab's camera later...
Have a fun.
Really, the driver's head is on the neck, weights about 6kg and has significant inertion; his eyes are tend to stabilize by vestibular apparatus for focusing and retaining view on the object of the interest. The chair oscillates with the moving locomotive's body.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users