• You cannot reply to this topic

Buffers animation Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   torri91 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 24 April 2021 - 10:21 AM

Good evening,
would it be possible to animate a wagon's buffers in OR, according to the values concerning their compression in the .wag file?
I'm asking this thinking about European rolling stock which rarely uses automatic coupling.

#2 User is offline   darwins 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 26 April 2021 - 09:04 AM

View Posttorri91, on 24 April 2021 - 10:21 AM, said:

Good evening,
would it be possible to animate a wagon's buffers in OR, according to the values concerning their compression in the .wag file?
I'm asking this thinking about European rolling stock which rarely uses automatic coupling.

I had a look at this with Peter when he put together the advanced coupling model for buckeye couplers.
It may be possible to make some reasonable looking animation for the buffers - particularly when the couplings are of the screw type common on braked trains.
Animation of the screw coupling would be more difficult. Animation of three link or instanter couplings would be even more difficult again.
So far work on the physics of trains with buffers and chain coupling and buffers has not been promising. In OR the rear wagon is the reference point. This means that as the train stretches its couplings out that it is possible for the rear wagon to pull the loco backwards like an elastic band or a yo-yo.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users