• You cannot reply to this topic

animated people Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   ATSF3751 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 13 April 2021 - 01:03 PM

Hey guys,

Sorry I have not been on the forums that much lately. Been very busy at work with OT and have also switched over from building locomotives to route building once again. One thing that really bothers me with MSTS/Open Rails is the fact that we do not have animated people what so ever in the game. Sure we have stick figures that move back and forth on occasion on platforms but that is about it. When you look at other simulators like Trainz and Train Simulator you have moving people interacting in the game. Crews, people along the tracks and so on. Sure makes it hard to do a photo run with an excursion train when you don't have anyone watching the train go by or people in the passenger cars. We have animated doors, windows, mirrors and so on so why not people? We stop at a station to let people off and no one comes out of the passenger cars? Rail fans sitting at a crossing or a bridge watching trains go by or a crew member on the ground throwing manual switches while you are switching your freight cars would sure be a neat aspect and make it so much more realistic if you ask me. If other games have it why can't Open Rails? Just my observation and opinion on this topic.

Brandon

#2 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 13 April 2021 - 03:24 PM

Oh, but we do Brandon, and it was implemented, if I remember correctly. I cannot find the thread just now, I believe Carlo Santucci did the code work, the basic scheme was developed by a group working in Europe. It's a basic beginning, nothing as complex as you're proposing.

I just did a search and cannot find it...I seem to remember some screenshots showing people moving up and over the tracks on a walkway, and down some stairs. Maybe I'm not understanding what your post is really about?

#3 User is offline   Deepguinness 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 13 April 2021 - 04:42 PM

Hello Brandon.

perhaps you mean this one: Walking Humans

Cheers
Arnold

#4 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 13 April 2021 - 06:20 PM

Deepguinness, on 13 April 2021 - 04:42 PM, said:

Hello Brandon.

perhaps you mean this one: Walking Humans

Cheers
Arnold

Arnold, Yup that's the one I meant and could not find, gave the credit to Carlo instead of Goku...thanks much, Gerry

#5 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2021 - 10:05 AM

R H Steele, on 13 April 2021 - 03:24 PM, said:

I cannot find the thread just now, I believe Carlo Santucci did the code work, the basic scheme was developed by a group working in Europe. It's a basic beginning, nothing as complex as you're proposing.

I just did a search and cannot find it...I seem to remember some screenshots showing people moving up and over the tracks on a walkway, and down some stairs.

If the Elvas Tower search fails you (and it often fails me), then try Google's site search.

The original poster asked for "animated people" and Elvas Tower finds nothing for this (I searched the first 3 pages of results) but an old request from 2017.

A Google search for

"site:elvastower.com animated people"

returns the "walking humans" link as the very first result.

Hope that's useful.

#6 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 14 April 2021 - 12:33 PM

Chris, thanks, that sure is useful!!! I did not make the mental jump from "animated people" to "walking humans" when entering search terms in ET's search box, suppose in this case Googles algorithms were more clever than my synapses. http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/curiousPC.gifhttp://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/derisive.gif

#7 User is offline   ATSF3751 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 15 April 2021 - 07:10 AM

Yes exactly but we shouldn't have to use all of those seperate things to make it work. What we need is something completely different for people.

Brandon

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users