Elvas Tower: Generate timetables automatically - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Generate timetables automatically Using AI to fill out station times Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 07 April 2021 - 06:04 PM

Loading timetable activity once, spending time ot waiting for all be done, saving with F2 key, then, replaying many times without such long loading?

What did you mean in last paragraph looks like for me as creating of binary paths for loading acceleration.

#12 User is online   pschlik 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails - Unstable

Posted 07 April 2021 - 07:45 PM

View Postbarcelonasants, on 07 April 2021 - 05:13 PM, said:

I'm with pschlik that forcing a re-simulation of the timetable in every load is not ideal but it definitely sounds like a time worth waiting to me. As a first step, I'm wondering if this may be added as an option to the Timetable Editor (to assist in generating automated *.timetable_or files). This will avoid prolonged loading times, as data would be generated/recalculated "offline".

Oh for sure, leaving this as an option either as part of the timetable itself or part of the Open Rails option menu is only a good idea. If anyone thinks a precomputed simulation is a particularly bad idea, just turn it off. Not a bad plan.

#13 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:44 PM

View Postpschlik, on 06 April 2021 - 08:42 PM, said:

I suppose if this were to be done Open Rails may want to borrow something from Train Sim World's book. In TSW, a timetable will be simulated from start to finish before it can be played in the game.

Something like that can be done in OR as well. The way to do it is to define an 'off-line' player train (observer), somewhere on a deadend location where no other trains will ever come. Set the start time for the player at the end of the timetable, then run it. The full timetable will now be run through in 'prerun' mode, which is as fast as it can go (running in an editor would not be any faster). When the player train starts, open the F5 dispatcher hud and this will tell you the state of things. If all has gone well, there should be no more active trains, or just a few heading towards their last stop. But if you see loads of trains with 100's of minutes of delay, you know that something is wrong. The delays will give you an estimate when this happened, so you can set the start-time of the observer to somewhere around that time, rerun, and you can then check of what it going wrong. I use this method quite often and it works quite well.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#14 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:18 AM

View Postroeter, on 07 April 2021 - 02:18 PM, said:

It could actually fairly easily be done (using the existing save and restore functions), but the problem is that any change in the route, consists, trains, paths, timetable or whatever would make all this data useless.
As until recently timetables were rarely if ever distributed and made available to users as complete packages there was little use for such a function.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

Dear Sir, In Hungary, Timetable traffic is becoming more and more popular, based on real schedules.

#15 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 08 April 2021 - 12:32 PM

Glad to read both of last posts: I do the same way too.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users