Elvas Tower: last station in a train's path - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

last station in a train's path accidentally considered as terminal station Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Gro.Bi 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 05 April 2021 - 07:24 AM

In timetable mode I have setup a train that runs on a railway line that ends up after some miles. In real-life that railway line continues, but in the simulation it ends after some miles in a fallow area.

To show the locations of the situation I have added screenshots from trackviewer.

When driving that train in the direction towards the end of the line (location 3), the station at location 2 is considered to be the terminal station, even if the ending (location 3) of the railway line is several miles ahead. My intention is that the train will proceed to location 3. Instead shows the F10 window that the train has completed its journey and therefore it won't proceed.
When driving a train on the same line, but in the opposite direction, the stop of (2) is already performed at (3) and when approaching to (2) there is no stop scheduled but instead already announced the stop at (1) which is the terminal station of that train.

Maybe the reason is that no junctions are between (2) and (3)? Is there a solution that location (2) is not considered to be a terminal station? (e.g. a command contrary to $terminal)?

Regards,
Gro.Bi

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: trackviewer.jpg
  • Attached Image: 1.jpg
  • Attached Image: 2.jpg
  • Attached Image: 3.jpg

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   eugenR 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 05 April 2021 - 08:59 AM

View PostGro.Bi, on 05 April 2021 - 07:24 AM, said:

In timetable mode I have setup a train that runs on a railway line that ends up after some miles. In real-life that railway line continues, but in the simulation it ends after some miles in a fallow area.

To show the locations of the situation I have added screenshots from trackviewer.

When driving that train in the direction towards the end of the line (location 3), the station at location 2 is considered to be the terminal station, even if the ending (location 3) of the railway line is several miles ahead. My intention is that the train will proceed to location 3. Instead shows the F10 window that the train has completed its journey and therefore it won't proceed.
When driving a train on the same line, but in the opposite direction, the stop of (2) is already performed at (3) and when approaching to (2) there is no stop scheduled but instead already announced the stop at (1) which is the terminal station of that train.

Maybe the reason is that no junctions are between (2) and (3)? Is there a solution that location (2) is not considered to be a terminal station? (e.g. a command contrary to $terminal)?

Regards,
Gro.Bi

Hi Gro.Bi,
Perhaps it helps if you place exit-signals at the Ends of the Platform at location 2
I have the same situation in one of my Testroutes and the Train is traveling after the last station to ever red "End of Track"-Signal before
the end of the Path.

Regards
EugenR

#3 User is offline   VicenteIR 

• Fireman

Posted 05 April 2021 - 09:28 AM

Try it with $nowaitsignal command at station stop field.

Regards
Oleg

#4 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 05 April 2021 - 02:49 PM

A train's route is based on 'track circuit sections', and not on actual positions. A track circuit section is a length of track bounded by a switch, NORMAL signal, crossover or end-of-track.
The problems you are having on this branch is that there are no switches or signals, so it is just a single track circuit section (TCS), and it is therefor either the last or the first section in a train's route.

When a train is stopped at a station, it is the last stop and that stop is in the last TCS of the train's route, that stop is regarded as the end of the train's path. The train is terminated at that station. The other way round, if a train is started on that TCS, it is checked if the train is started in a station. If there is a station in that TCS and the train has a stop in that station, it is regarded as the starting point of that train. As in this case there are two stations in that same TCS, I am not really surprised that the program is confused as to in which station the train should start.

Placing signals or switches between the stations, and between the last station and the end of track, would 'break' this single TCS into multiple TCS's and with that all these problems would be sorted.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#5 User is offline   Gro.Bi 

• Fireman

Posted 09 April 2021 - 01:01 AM

Hi all,

I solved the problem thanks to the above informations. I placed a signal east of station (2) and though it is only valid for trains in eastern direction, the problem is solved for trains in both directions. $nowaitsignal is also applied for that station.
I was not aware about TCS (not even exactly knew what it is). Thanks for explanation.

By the way: What is the meaning of 'SPRC' in the column 'signal' of the HUD? I noticed it after departing at station (2) towards the end of the route. In the manual I didn't find it (would it be at '7.18.5 Extended HUD for Dispatcher Information'?)

Sorry for my delayed response, but it was due to missing e-mail notification about answers to my initial request.

Thanks to all
Gro.Bi

#6 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 09 April 2021 - 01:40 AM

"SPRC" stands for signal aspect "STOP_AND_PROCEED".

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#7 User is offline   Gro.Bi 

• Fireman

Posted 09 April 2021 - 05:31 AM

View Postroeter, on 09 April 2021 - 01:40 AM, said:

"SPRC" stands for signal aspect "STOP_AND_PROCEED".

Thanks for clarification.

Regards,
Gro.Bi

#8 User is offline   Gro.Bi 

• Fireman

Posted 10 April 2021 - 02:22 AM

View Postroeter, on 05 April 2021 - 02:49 PM, said:

As in this case there are two stations in that same TCS, I am not really surprised that the program is confused as to in which station the train should start.

Hi Rob,

I remember a situation where 5 stations are within the same TCS. I intended that the train stops at each of them and finally will be triggered to the return service at the last station. But the $triggers happened already at the first station in that TCS (though the $triggers command is set at the last station).
Because of the above discussion, I guess the solution would be to place a signal before the last station.

Regards,
Gro.Bi

#9 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 10 April 2021 - 08:40 AM

It is indeed more or less the same sort of problem. The "end of route" detection in timetable mode is one of the most complex bits of logic, it is amazing how many different situations can occur regarding where a train should end or not, and it is one of those bits of code where I spend months to get it all working in at least most of the possible situations.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users