Elvas Tower: Missing objects and TEXTURES. - Elvas Tower

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Missing objects and TEXTURES. I think I did something wrong. Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#11 User is offline   Fokatuch 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 01 April 2021 - 02:40 PM

Weter, on 01 April 2021 - 02:29 PM, said:

The ORTS\program folder will be completely deleted and replaced with new one by update process - Derek si right.
So all patches like locales, custom sky textures etc. must be backed-up and stored at separate place too for adding to program\content folder manually if you want them.
As well as all routes and trains-as Derek advised already.

I will do it,
thank you very much for the help, if I continue to have problems that I cannot solve, I will come back! :sign_thanks:

#12 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 01 April 2021 - 02:49 PM

Fokatuch, on 01 April 2021 - 02:26 PM, said:

Oh bad mine, installing it in another folder will solve it? Because OpenRails can't access the files it needs, right?

We need to install as I suggest, then start the process of debug.

#13 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 01 April 2021 - 05:15 PM

I am very grateful I never met such kind people <3

I can tell exactly the same

You are always welcome.
Furthermore, you help us to make ORTS better this way!

installing it in another folder will solve it?

Not always, but this must be done first.
"Can't access" is maybe because wrong folders structure too, so build the right folder- tree, as Manual suggests -this will be your second step.

For example, the route maybe tells, that "this model must be taken from Global folder", but you have not that shape/texture/*.sd files there, or global folder itself.

Another suggestion, that I already told a pair days ago:
As soon, as some installers violationally change global files without even asking you for any permissions, (then you find your routes, track sections and so on corrupted or with undesired changes):
I advise you to install any desired content to "sandbox" - specially created standalone folder, not related to anything else, then watch, what files were written and what sub-folders were created, is the model looks exactly as you expected, and do you enjoy with it.
After all that-copy what you decide to ORTS content location manually, then you can erase the sandbox folder with all unnecessary files left there.

#14 User is offline   Fokatuch 

• Apprentice

Posted 01 April 2021 - 06:03 PM

I installed everything from scratch and well, here I am.

I installed OR in c: \ ORTS and created the Global, Routes and Trains folders elsewhere, but when I opened the León-Sahagún route, it looked like this again:
:furiousPC:
Attached Image: De nuevo.JPG

#15 User is offline   Weter 

Posted 01 April 2021 - 06:16 PM

>One folder- for program; Beware, that it will be completely rewrite during auto-update!
C/ORTS/program
don't keep any content here, or duplicate customized files somewhere else.
>Another folder for source, if you would change something in code, or look, how it works
C/ORTS/source
This way, your changes will be compiled in program folder by default, so you can test it immediately,
>The third place-for content:
C/ORTS/content
Here, sub-folders with route-groups (installation profiles, as ORTS manual defines them) can be placed, as well as distributive of patches, add-ons, that you need to keep intact, the sandbox, if you desire.
Now, each group of routes is a folder with global, sound, routes and trains sub-folders.
Here lives the one ore more route(s), sharing same tracksection.dat, global sound and common rolling stock.
You must point ORTS to each of this group-folders (at MSTS era this called mini-routes) location, for them become accessible.
That is done on content tab of options menu of ORTS.
Gray skin of models tell us, that ORTS. Don't see any texture, where it looks for it.
See the Manual, for non-MSTS folder structure chapter at the very beginning of the book - to understand it better.
Suerte!

#16 User is offline   Fokatuch 

• Apprentice

Posted 01 April 2021 - 06:40 PM

Weter, on 01 April 2021 - 06:16 PM, said:

One folder for program:
C/ORTS/program
Another folder for source, if you would change something in code, or look, how it works
C/ORTS/source
This way, your changes will be compiled in program folder by default, so you can test it immediately,
The third place-for content:
C/ORTS/content
Here, sub folders with route-groups can be placed, as well as distributive of patches, add-ons, you need to keep intact, the sandbox, if you desire.
Now, each group of routes is a folder with global, sound routes and trains sub folders.
Here lives the one ore more route(s) sharing same track section.dat, global sound and common rolling stock.
You must point ORTS to each of this group-folders (at MSTS era this called mini-routes) location, for them become accessible.

Sorry to make you wait so long.
Let's see if I understand
A folder in C: that has: Program (with OR) Source and Content? Inside Content each group with its own Global, Trains and Routes?

#17 User is offline   Weter 

Posted 01 April 2021 - 06:43 PM

Rifht, but You forgot one:
the Sound folder.
At each Global must be tsection.dat placed.
If you have MSTS installation, you may consider it as a groupe, but note, that other files and folders, needed for MSTS are unnecessary for ORTS, exept that four, I told.

#18 User is offline   Fokatuch 

• Apprentice

Posted 01 April 2021 - 06:47 PM

Weter, on 01 April 2021 - 06:29 PM, said:

See the Manual, for non-MSTS folder structure chapter at the very beginning of the book - to understand it better.
I'm going to work, so will be here tomorrow or even later.
Suerte!

Ok thank you very much, I will read, but I think I understand.I hope you do well.

Weter, on 01 April 2021 - 06:43 PM, said:

And sound.
At each Global must be tsection.dat placed.
If you have MSTS installation, you may consider it as a groupe, but note, that other files and folders, needed for MSTS are unnecessary for ORTS, exept that four, I told.

Yes! Thank you, let`s see.

#19 User is offline   Weter 

Posted 01 April 2021 - 06:52 PM

You may understand my "group" as a country, with it's specific standards, rails, signals and trains, so there can be one or more routes modelled.
MSTS contained multiple countries in one.

#20 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 02 April 2021 - 02:52 AM

Fokatuch, on 01 April 2021 - 06:40 PM, said:

Sorry to make you wait so long.
Let's see if I understand
A folder in C: that has: Program (with OR) Source and Content? Inside Content each group with its own Global, Trains and Routes?

The folder that has routes in it MUST be outside of the folder that has Open Rails in it. If it is in the Open Rails folder, it will be deleter when you update Open Rails.

C:\Open Rails holds the game code
C:\Routes holds the Global, Routes, Sound and Trains folder and all required subfolders. The main Routes folder can be named as whatever you like , and there can be several such folders for different countries and/or track gauges. You just use the Options/content menu in Open Rails to add each set to a pick list on the start menu.

Spelling corrections made 02 April

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users