• Simulator:Msts train simulator

Posted 03 May 2021 - 11:58 AM

Old SkyDome please send sir

#63 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 02 September 2021 - 01:03 PM

Hello everyone, since I think it is the right section, I wanted to ask if it is possible to remove this horrendous effect given by the sky during the hours of sunset ..

with the hope that we can improve the atmospheric rendering, I offer my greetings

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: xxx.jpg

#64 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 02 September 2021 - 03:37 PM

Yes, you are correct, and this post makes you about the 1 millionth person to ask about this, not much progress in this area. I suppose because the OR environment is low priority compared to the change over to Monogame, bug repair, improvement in physics, animated couplers, multiplayer functionality, and a host of other more pressing issues. Also, who is to do it?...needs a volunteer with an interest ( and understanding ) of the current coding for the environment. Keep your hope alive.

All of the above just my best guesses ... but I agree with you, adding to that, the short time at sunset where the whole sky turns magenta. Yipes.

#65 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2021 - 06:14 PM

By the way, monogame migration is no more reason to refuse, but already reason to count on (in sense of better graphic capabilities)

#66 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 02 September 2021 - 06:18 PM

Ahhh yes...thedreaded nuke effect. That's been around as long as I can remember. Maybe someday...

#67 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 04 September 2021 - 02:39 AM

View PostR H Steele, on 02 September 2021 - 03:37 PM, said:

Yes, you are correct, and this post makes you about the 1 millionth person to ask about this, not much progress in this area. I suppose because the OR environment is low priority compared to the change over to Monogame, bug repair, improvement in physics, animated couplers, multiplayer functionality, and a host of other more pressing issues. Also, who is to do it?...needs a volunteer with an interest ( and understanding ) of the current coding for the environment. Keep your hope alive.

On the upside, I know this problem exists (along with a list of other graphical requests), but the downside is that I believe I am the only active coder with reasonable graphics programming knowledge, so not much progress has been possible of late.

#68 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 05 September 2021 - 07:25 AM

Hello everyone .. I always call this effect "supernova explosion" just think of how there is an invasion of yellow as if a star had exploded, and then return to the magenta sky, absolutely unreal .. obviously it must be said that the thing that the most burdensome is the fact of not being able to change the sunrise \ sunset times because for areas like mine, the times are entirely wrong .. as well as however as the sky becomes dark, even the driving environment becomes dark and therefore it becomes really difficult to look at the various cab monitors until the transition with the night cab .. howewher..! I have read your answers and I am certainly one of those "few" people who, together with you, complain about the need to have more regard for graphics and weather ..
Several times, both on this forum and on trello I have proposed improvements in the graphic field related to the management of the skies and the atmosphere .. as well as to be able to have a more dynamic sky as in flight simulator \ euro truck simulator 2, even using the coordinates real time so you can have real-time weather updates .. or taking a cue from ETS2, having a Skydomes system for every part of the day .. from the dawn skydome to the sunset skydome ...
I have also given a proposal to add thunderstorms with lightning and thunder (I think that in real life and especially in the railway sector, there are also more extreme conditions ..) and this to ensure that the user can be stimulated not only by the realism of conducted but even more so by the graphic rendering! as you well know, with the change of graphics engine I think there is great potential, and if it starts from this, you can take open rails to another level ..
I think there is no need for small programs like reshade or sweet fx that not only slow down the game but sometimes also cause problems .. but a graphic revolution is needed .. because the whole simulator offers great potential .. of course .. if you would stop thinking about improving the visuals and internal views, or the multiplayer version that in my opinion instigates piracy .. and surely that for those like me who are interested in conduct and realism, these functions are useless if not a few sporadic screens, perhaps we could think of more improvements in the graphic field ..

I can hope that sooner or later someone can take matters into their own hands and make sure that even from this field we can get the improvements that we all hope for ...
obviously patience is the fundamental weapon, and for those who like us, we must never lose hope ...

#69 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2022 - 09:10 PM

I'm bumping this old thread... I got here by searching for +skydome +size. The info I found 18 months ago said 6,000m. With a view distance of 10,000m a skydome of only 6,000m is obviously too small. As are 24 segments -- far too few.

Anyone know anything has been done since this discussion occurred?

#70 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 21 November 2022 - 03:53 AM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 20 November 2022 - 09:10 PM, said:

I'm bumping this old thread... I got here by searching for +skydome +size. The info I found 18 months ago said 6,000m. With a view distance of 10,000m a skydome of only 6,000m is obviously too small. As are 24 segments -- far too few.

Anyone know anything has been done since this discussion occurred?

Hi Dave,

Thanks - this was pretty important to me. While I initially spent over $100.00 (and devoted many hours) - to rent the software necessary to do this work - I'm more than willing to spend more time and money - if we ever fix the distortion issue. I've heard no complaints from using such large texture files (10K x 10K) - I've noticed no issues on my machines - including my old Sandy Bridge with a GTX970.

Regards,
Scott

• 20 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users