Elvas Tower: Using a traffic-graph's gird in timetable design process - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Using a traffic-graph's gird in timetable design process The pretty idea

#11 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 07 August 2021 - 09:10 AM

Hello in turn.
Personally my reason (not a problem) was to design "threads" in timetable for freight trains, with unknown timings, as well as for passenger trains, the information about which is unavailable. Instead of long-time consuming experiments, I tried to use a graphical method to calculate crossing times. You can read about it at the first post of this thread above.
Sure, the dispatcher will not allow trains to collide, but we need an optimal timetable instead of too long waiting of opposite train somewhere, aren't we?

#12 User is offline   Aldarion 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Owner
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 07 August 2021 - 01:57 PM

nounours1952, the graphics makes it easier and quicker to find the meetings between trains and have the train designation at hand.
There wouldnt be any problems unless the original timetables were wrong...

I have massivly introduced all of my contry's timetables into jgraph and guess what? There were a lot of errors. most of the times with the times meeting on stations in single track routes, but sometimes in overtakings done where that would not be possible, meaning, there were errors in printing :)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users