Elvas Tower: Proposal: reversible parts - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Proposal: reversible parts Translation/rotation of objects according direction of movement Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   jorgegonzalito 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 12 March 2021 - 05:58 AM

Hello.

I don't know how to propose new functions for Open Rails. The situation to which I refer, occurs mainly in trams. Depending on your direction of travel, the trolley (the arm that takes the electricity) or destination-billboard would need to rotate or move to different positions. I don't know if it is possible to implement this.

Thanks.

#2 User is offline   darwins 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 12 March 2021 - 06:16 AM

Hello Jorge

One way to propose new functions for OR is to send an e-mail to the OR Trello Road-Map. https://trello.com/b...n-rails-roadmap

I didn't specifically think of trolleys, but there are lots of things that could reverse, or change when a train or tram reaches its destination and forms a new service. (I was thinking of destination blinds, head lamps, tail lamps, headcodes and so on.) The suggestion that I put here, would I think cover trollies as well. https://trello.com/c...imetable-files#

Regards

Darwin

#3 User is offline   mrmosky 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Openrails

Posted 12 March 2021 - 10:16 AM

Also the driver could change ends too..

#4 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 12 March 2021 - 12:50 PM

Sheffield trams used a small Y in the overhead to change trolley pole direction, although I don't know if it was universal on the Sheffield system. It used auto sprung frogs to guide the pole when the tram changed direction.

#5 User is offline   jorgegonzalito 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 14 March 2021 - 06:15 AM

copperpen, on 12 March 2021 - 12:50 PM, said:

Sheffield trams used a small Y in the overhead to change trolley pole direction, although I don't know if it was universal on the Sheffield system. It used auto sprung frogs to guide the pole when the tram changed direction.

For AI trains?

I thought mainly of trams, but there are many situations, today disguised as mirrors or pantographs, that would have to vary in AI trains when they change their direction of travel, mainly in Timetable mode, where it is very easy to program the path of a train throughout the 24 hours of a day. That this also had scope to the freightanim, as it is said in the link that they showed, would revalue the existing rolling stock. Regards.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users