Elvas Tower: Links to the on-line manual - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Links to the on-line manual What on-line manual? Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:33 AM

Weter, on 05 April 2021 - 10:46 AM, said:

Blue circles with an "i" inside cover the initial letter(s) of translated titles for options
As the text strings are started from very checkboxes.
Maybe link-like design is better (when underlined text become blue when the mouse pointer points on it, and opens web page when clicked with mouse)?
As even before, there where not enough space for Russified variants.
Thanks, Weter. I hadn't thought of that.

I shall try it again with the the blue circles moved from the right side of the control to the left side of the control. That should keep them away from the text.

#22 User is offline   xavivilla 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails - RailWorks

Posted 06 April 2021 - 02:31 PM

When translating the new lines of the .po file corresponding to the Menu, the same thing happened to me as to Weter.
I was shocked that when I switched to the English language everything looked good.
I have reviewed the .po file and have discovered that in the original text, in front of each sentence, there are a series of spaces (from 5 to 7 spaces depending on the sentence). By applying these spaces to the translation, the sentences can already be seen correctly.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: ORMenu.jpg

#23 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 06 April 2021 - 06:09 PM

Thanks for tip, Xavier.
I should try it.
However, I don't remember, if poedit have point me to any mistakes (absence of fore-coming spaces) with such strings, but maybe that's because I was focused on translating Runactivity and Simulation sections... But wait: menu - too (I've noted, that now it has 312 strings, instead of 300, because new anti-aliasing options were added), I revised and completed it's translation.
Well, I'll try to see it again.

#24 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:48 PM

cjakeman, on 06 April 2021 - 10:33 AM, said:

Thanks, Weter. I hadn't thought of that.

I shall try it again with the the blue circles moved from the right side of the control to the left side of the control. That should keep them away from the text.

I think it's the best solution, else every translator should modify the strings of his language.

#25 User is offline   xavivilla 

• Fireman

Posted 07 April 2021 - 12:42 AM

Csantucci, on 06 April 2021 - 10:48 PM, said:

I think it's the best solution, else every translator should modify the strings of his language.

The point is that the strings are already modified and you have to check them for each language, otherwise, they come out in English.
If they are modified again, open that to review them again.

#26 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 07 April 2021 - 02:36 AM

I don't understand well your point. If I open now the General Options tab, independently from the language selected, you see the strings in English. This means that the work to adapt the non-english strings would have still to be done. I see from your posts that you have done this for Spanish, but it's an exception.

#27 User is offline   xavivilla 

• Fireman

Posted 07 April 2021 - 08:02 AM

Right, do the translation yesterday before publishing. I saw the new texts last week in the experimental one on Friday March 26th, but in the corresponding source files the translation was not available. Last Friday I downloaded the source files again, but until last night I could not see them and make the translation that was already available. That is why I discovered the spaces in front of the sentences that have the link to the manual.

#28 User is offline   Weter 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 11 April 2021 - 09:26 AM

I've checked strings: there are 5 spaces at very beginning now, instesd of 1 earlier.
This way, PoEdit don't see any mistakes.
I think, moving pictograms to the left would be better way, as there is no enough space even now.

#29 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 16 April 2021 - 06:07 AM

Weter, on 11 April 2021 - 09:26 AM, said:

I think, moving pictograms to the left would be better way, as there is no enough space even now.

In trying to make things look good, I made things difficult for all you translators. I'm hoping this change will help.
In my latest PR, I have moved the Help Icons to the left of the controls, so there is no longer any need for 5 or so spaces before the text..

Also, I have added spaces at the end of each label/control. As this extends the control, I hope it will allow more space for translated text.

Also I have extended the mouse-over region to include the control as well as the icon, making it more obvious that help is available - see mouse pointer in the image below.

Attached Image: 2021-04-16 14_57_11-MS Excel with extensions - Squared1  Compatibility Mode.jpg

The Overspeed Monitor now links to the correct anchor in the on-line Help document (an anchor which didn't exist when this work began).

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users