• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Randomization Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Niknak 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:OR NewYear MG

Posted 21 February 2021 - 06:20 AM

Just a note to say kudos to whoever thought of the activity randomization factor in OR. I've been using the random weather for a while and just started using the activity one today - Really adds to the realism! :)

#2 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 21 February 2021 - 07:26 PM

View PostNiknak, on 21 February 2021 - 06:20 AM, said:

just started using the activity one today - Really adds to the realism! :)

I've been using both for a quite a while now with the level set to 1. This level is more than adequate for weather, but I hardly notice any thing 'amiss' in activities? I have only ever seen two events which caused a stuck brake on a wagon or something similar. Have to read up on the manual for more information on this.

What did you experience with activity randomization and what level did you have set?

Thanks

#3 User is offline   Niknak 

• Conductor

Posted 22 February 2021 - 02:31 AM

I have mine set to "1" as well. In my first 2hour activity I had 2 hotbox scenarios, 1 at 40mins and the 2nd at 1hr 35mins. I've just started an 8hr activity now on Seligman so I'm expecting quite a few "events".....

#4 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 22 February 2021 - 09:19 AM

View PostNiknak, on 22 February 2021 - 02:31 AM, said:

I have mine set to "1" as well. In my first 2hour activity I had 2 hotbox scenarios, 1 at 40mins and the 2nd at 1hr 35mins. I've just started an 8hr activity now on Seligman so I'm expecting quite a few "events".....

Interesting, perhaps I drive 100% to avoid any "hiccups" LOL :rolleyes:
On a serious note. I have amended quite a few of my routes to add a specific siding in almost every major freight environment . These are called "Cripple" sidings. I'm waiting for the day I need to manually shunt a cripple wagon in an activity, so it doesn't affect any train handling or performance, then carry on with the activity as intended!

Thanks

#5 User is offline   Niknak 

• Conductor

Posted 22 February 2021 - 09:51 AM

View PostCoolhand101, on 22 February 2021 - 09:19 AM, said:

Interesting, perhaps I drive 100% to avoid any "hiccups" LOL :rolleyes:
On a serious note. I have amended quite a few of my routes to add a specific siding in almost every major freight environment . These are called "Cripple" sidings. I'm waiting for the day I need to manually shunt a cripple wagon in an activity, so it doesn't affect any train handling or performance, then carry on with the activity as intended!

Thanks

The 1st time a hotbox was indicated I was very near to a siding so it was easy to dump the wagon there. The next time however I had to drive at reduced speed for around 10 minutes before coming to a siding. In the current 8hr activity I'm running I've covered around 2hrs without a problem so far. So the randomness seems very ..... random :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users