• You cannot reply to this topic

ORTS Wish List 2021 Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 15 February 2021 - 06:46 AM

What about derailments? Occasionally disassenbling of brake magistral as only consequence of exceeding safe speed looks odd.

#22 User is offline   bobwdude 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 15 February 2021 - 06:54 AM

ckawahara, on 14 February 2021 - 06:08 PM, said:

Programmers to implement all the wanna-haves".

Perhaps once I complete my bachelors of computer science in four months. Until then, course work comes first :) .

#23 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 15 February 2021 - 08:13 AM

Hello everyone, it's a nice topic but above all there is also to understand who in the future will want to work to improve everything, I very much hope that these proposals will be heard because Open Rails is becoming more and more expansive and big and all this is wonderful for the community ..
as far as I can suggest .. well my wishlist is varied .. both in the technical and graphic fields .. anyway I list my wish list:

Technical side:

- Improvement of driving realism with implementation of safety systems at Italian level (they are working on it)

- Cruise control

- Braking delays and brake load as in reality

- Realistic qualifications and the possibility of being able to link functions with a realistic driving desk made specifically for this purpose

in the graphic field instead, there would be a lot of things that could be improved:

- Adopt a realistic atmosphere system

- Create skydomes related to Sunrise, Day, Sunset and Night with Eurotruck Simulator 2-style transition

- Realistic weather based on geographic coordinates and real forecasts (as in FS)

- Improved water rendering

- Shaders or automatic effects for rain effect on terrain and rolling stock

- Animals in line and birds in the sky

- Atmospheric conditions such as Thunderstorms, Lightning, Lightning, Heavy rain with various floods that affect the schedule of the service causing delays or cancellations

- Possibility of having wires for the catenary according to the region in which the scenario is created, for example:

Italian Standard Catenary for Regional lines

Italian Standard Catenary for High Speed ​​Lines

German style catenary

And so on..

In this way, you save time and effort with the construction or implementation of the catenary, in this case the router will only put poles .. the rest will be selectable and settable via a drop-down menu

#24 User is offline   jonInMaine 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 17 February 2021 - 06:13 AM

The ability to turn on and off catenary for a specific track section, rather than having it all or nothing for the entire route. That would avoid the need for hacks such as with PRR East where you have to run a script when you go from electrified to non electrified. Also would allow non electrified sidings etc. in electrified territory. Perhaps add a parameter to specify the type of catenary - single trolley wire, simple catenary, compound catenary, etc.

Jon

#25 User is offline   Hannes44 

• Fireman

Posted 18 February 2021 - 02:30 AM

Pantograph following the catenary. Many modelers build locomotives with pantographs in wrong heights. It looks very ugly, when the pantograph cuts through the catenary and it is very difficult to adjust the height of the pantograph to a some more adequate position, if you don't have the original model.

#26 User is offline   NickonWheels 

• Conductor

Posted 18 February 2021 - 04:03 AM

jonInMaine, on 17 February 2021 - 06:13 AM, said:

The ability to turn on and off catenary for a specific track section, rather than having it all or nothing for the entire route.

Such problem would not be if the catenary and gantries or other things like bridge parts and tunnel walls are part of the track object, at least if this could be spline stuff.

#27 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

• Waste Disposal Engineer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer

Posted 18 February 2021 - 06:45 AM

jonInMaine, on 17 February 2021 - 06:13 AM, said:

The ability to turn on and off catenary for a specific track section, rather than having it all or nothing for the entire route. That would avoid the need for hacks such as with PRR East where you have to run a script when you go from electrified to non electrified. Also would allow non electrified sidings etc. in electrified territory. Perhaps add a parameter to specify the type of catenary - single trolley wire, simple catenary, compound catenary, etc.

Jon

This shouldn't even be done at run-time... Catenary and wiring should be part of the route build, either with splines or using a tool like Catmaster or WFH.

Yeah, it's a shameless plug, but the reason I build my own trolley wire and catenary is because nothing irritates me more than seeing curved wires between supports...

#28 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2021 - 06:53 AM

Hannes44, on 18 February 2021 - 02:30 AM, said:

it is very difficult to adjust the height of the pantograph to a some more adequate position, if you don't have the original model.

If that's autogen catenary, you can edit <Routename>.trk file, which has statement "contact wire height (Xm)"
if the catenary was modelled, then yes., but implementing of your propose would be nicer, as wire height lowers under some bridges or at some tunnels.

#29 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 18 February 2021 - 08:46 AM

ErickC, on 14 February 2021 - 11:14 AM, said:

I would like to see correct diesel loading and unloading behaviour with a functional wheelslip control system (you can't actually have one without the other, they're mutually dependent):

[list]
[*]Eliminate tractive effort curves and use the real-world TE equation for output ((HP x EFFICIENCY x 375 / SPEED))

Then what about the completed traction curves? There are locomotives where a curve of 0-160km / h is processed. For all 16 gears, for all whole km / h speeds.

#30 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2021 - 01:59 PM

ErickC, on 14 February 2021 - 11:14 AM, said:

Eliminate tractive effort curves and use the real-world TE equation for output ((HP x EFFICIENCY x 375 / SPEED))

I believe that's exactly what the OR code does now when users choose not to use the ORTSMaxTractiveForceCurves ( with or without the ORTS Diesel Engine definition ). Perhaps not the specific formula quoted but certainly another accepted derivative.

Additional, when constructing TE curves, usually the above TE equation is used ( or another of the mathematically derived TE equations...there are several...some do not take efficiency into account and instead use an assumed efficiency value built into the equation ). The most sophisticated TE curves also can simulate "quirks" in the real world curves, like a drop in TE at a certain speed or rpm...although I don't believe the OR code will do this in simple mode --- but if a properly constructed TE curve is used then I assume OR will interpolate it and derive the correct TE and Power values from it.

• 17 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users