• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Automatic Switch and Curve Squeal Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 12 February 2021 - 12:23 PM

The DemoAutoSound folder can be in either the global sound folder of the route's sound folder.

#22 User is offline   Niknak 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:OR NewYear MG

Posted 12 February 2021 - 12:23 PM

Thanks Ged. I was beginning to come to that same conclusion but it's nice to get confirmation. At least I have the sounds working on Donner Pass, which is one of my favourite routes to run.

#23 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 12 February 2021 - 02:09 PM

dforrest, on 12 February 2021 - 12:23 PM, said:

The DemoAutoSound folder can be in either the global sound folder of the route's sound folder.

Thanks for giving me the idea, but it doesn't work for this route! This may be because the ttype.dat file isn't used for the 'normal' track sounds. Adding the three DemoAutoSound entries to the ttype.dat file and adding the three entries to the .trk file, allocating numbers 0, 1 and 2, results in the switch sounds being heard whenever the loco is being driven, irrespective of whether it's over a switch or not! I've tried various combinations, including what I take to be the 0 position sounds (Welded_in.sms & Welded_ex.sms) into the ttype.dat, ahead of the DemoAutoSound entries, and. although it seems to work initially, OR crashes with "index out of range".

I've not included the log because I'm not following the rules - the DemoAutoSound readme indicates that it should be placed in the root SOUND folder.

Cheers,
Ged

#24 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 13 February 2021 - 03:55 AM

cjakeman, on 12 February 2021 - 10:36 AM, said:

If you send me the corrected text, I will get the manual changed.

slipperman has sent me the changes and they have been submitted to GitHub. Once approved, they will appear in the following Friday update to the Testing version.

Thanks Ged.

By the way, we have a thread called Missing from the Manual. That's the best place to post any errors and corrections you find.

#25 User is offline   Niknak 

• Conductor

Posted 13 February 2021 - 01:38 PM

slipperman, on 12 February 2021 - 12:17 PM, said:

Hi Niknak,
I've tried adding Carlo's sounds to the ORTS Seligman Sub route and can't get them to work properly. This route seems to use its own switch and rail sounds which are contained in its own SOUND folder. This is why the ttype.dat file contains no entries. Also, there is no global SOUND folder which, for most routes, contains the track sounds listed in the ttype.dat file.

There may be another way to get the DemoAutoSounds to work, but I haven't found it, yet!!

Cheers,
Ged

Ged I've delved into the Seligman route sound a little - Seems as if TS have used sound source files placed at every switch. Two things though - Firstly doesn't that mean the switch sound would be there all the time within a certain distance, and secondly I can't actually hear any switch sound at all by these sound sources. Do you hear the switch sounds on your copy of the route?

#26 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 14 February 2021 - 02:25 AM

Hi Niknak,
No, mate, I don't hear any switch sounds, internally or externally!
I've tried with all 4 versions of Open Rails, with and without MSTS Bin compatible sounds checked.
Used BNSF GP40M 3006, consist BNSF Road Switcher (reversed) in Winslow Yard and at Needles.

Cheers,
Ged

#27 User is offline   Niknak 

• Conductor

Posted 14 February 2021 - 03:10 AM

Not just me then lol. I've checked my other four TS routes and they don't seem to use the sound source method that Seligman does. If I knew how, I'd delete the TS sound method on their routes and install Carlos' DemoAutoSound which I'm very impressed with.

#28 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 14 February 2021 - 03:49 AM

In paragraph 13.3. of the manual, describing this feature, there is unfortunately an error.
In the sample ttype.dat reported there, that is
SIMISA@@@@@@@@@@JINX0t1t______
TrackType ( "Default" "EuropeSteamTrack0In.sms" "EuropeSteamTrack0Ex.sms" )
TrackType ( "Concrete Supported" "EuropeSteamTrack1In.sms" "EuropeSteamTrack1Ex.sms" )
TrackType ( "Wood Supported" "EuropeSteamTrack2In.sms" "EuropeSteamTrack2Ex.sms" )
TrackType ( "In Tunnel" "EuropeSteamTrack3In.sms" "EuropeSteamTrack3Ex.sms" )
TrackType ( "Steel Bridge" "EuropeSteamTrack4In.sms" "EuropeSteamTrack4Ex.sms" )
TrackType ( "Girder Bridge" "EuropeSteamTrack5In.sms" "EuropeSteamTrack5Ex.sms" )
TrackType ( "Under Bridge" "EuropeSteamTrack6In.sms" "EuropeSteamTrack6Ex.sms" )
TrackType ( "Concrete Bridge" "EuropeSteamTrack7In.sms" "EuropeSteamTrack7Ex.sms" )
TrackType ( "Crossing Platform" "EuropeSteamTrack8In.sms" "EuropeSteamTrack8Ex.sms" )
TrackType ( "Wooden Bridge" "EuropeSteamTrack9In.sms" "EuropeSteamTrack9Ex.sms" )
TrackType ( "Switch" "switchtrack7in.sms" "switchtrack7ex.sms" )
TrackType ( "Switch" "DemoAutoSound/switchtrackin.sms" "DemoAutoSound/switchtrackex.sms" )
TrackType ( "Squeal Curve" "DemoAutoSound/curvesquealtrackin.sms" "DemoAutoSound/curvesquealtrackex.sms" )
TrackType ( "Squeal Switch" "DemoAutoSound/curveswitchtrackin.sms" "DemoAutoSound/curveswitchtrackex.sms" )

there is a line too much: this line

shouldn't be there. It's presence leads to misinterpreting the indices of the additional track sounds in the .trk file extension, as well as the total number of track sounds which is present on top of ttype.dat. Sorry for that.

#29 User is offline   Niknak 

• Conductor

Posted 14 February 2021 - 03:54 AM

Thank you for that very clear explanation Carlos. Now if only it meant I could get your sounds to work in my TS routes lol.

#30 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 14 February 2021 - 04:05 AM

Csantucci, on 14 February 2021 - 03:49 AM, said:

In paragraph 13.3. of the manual, describing this feature, there is unfortunately an error.
In the sample ttype.dat reported there, that is
SIMISA@@@@@@@@@@JINX0t1t______
TrackType ( "Default" "EuropeSteamTrack0In.sms" "EuropeSteamTrack0Ex.sms" )
TrackType ( "Concrete Supported" "EuropeSteamTrack1In.sms" "EuropeSteamTrack1Ex.sms" )
TrackType ( "Wood Supported" "EuropeSteamTrack2In.sms" "EuropeSteamTrack2Ex.sms" )
TrackType ( "In Tunnel" "EuropeSteamTrack3In.sms" "EuropeSteamTrack3Ex.sms" )
TrackType ( "Steel Bridge" "EuropeSteamTrack4In.sms" "EuropeSteamTrack4Ex.sms" )
TrackType ( "Girder Bridge" "EuropeSteamTrack5In.sms" "EuropeSteamTrack5Ex.sms" )
TrackType ( "Under Bridge" "EuropeSteamTrack6In.sms" "EuropeSteamTrack6Ex.sms" )
TrackType ( "Concrete Bridge" "EuropeSteamTrack7In.sms" "EuropeSteamTrack7Ex.sms" )
TrackType ( "Crossing Platform" "EuropeSteamTrack8In.sms" "EuropeSteamTrack8Ex.sms" )
TrackType ( "Wooden Bridge" "EuropeSteamTrack9In.sms" "EuropeSteamTrack9Ex.sms" )
TrackType ( "Switch" "DemoAutoSound/switchtrackin.sms" "DemoAutoSound/switchtrackex.sms" )
TrackType ( "Squeal Curve" "DemoAutoSound/curvesquealtrackin.sms" "DemoAutoSound/curvesquealtrackex.sms" )
TrackType ( "Squeal Switch" "DemoAutoSound/curveswitchtrackin.sms" "DemoAutoSound/curveswitchtrackex.sms" )

there is a line too much: this line

shouldn't be there. It's presence leads to misinterpreting the indices of the additional track sounds in the .trk file extension, as well as the total number of track sounds which is present on top of ttype.dat. Sorry for that.

Will the "Switch" track region sound, not also conflict with the "DemoAutoSound" switch sounds?

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users