Elvas Tower: Building Open Rails from Source Code - Missing RunActivityLAA.exe - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Building Open Rails from Source Code - Missing RunActivityLAA.exe Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   CptLou 

• Apprentice
  • Pip
  • Group: Status: Fired
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 04 February 2021 - 01:43 AM

I downloaded the source code of Open Rails and I am starting to familiarize with the code to be able to do some changes.

I noticed that when I build the project in Visual Studio, I only get "RunActivity.exe" file, but no "RunActivityLAA.exe" that I have in the stable version. Therefore I am unable to test my changes in the code with more complex activities.

Is there a way to let Visual Studio build also "RunActivityLAA.exe" that would support more memory?

#2 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 04 February 2021 - 10:40 AM

View PostCptLou, on 04 February 2021 - 01:43 AM, said:

I downloaded the source code of Open Rails and I am starting to familiarize with the code to be able to do some changes.

I noticed that when I build the project in Visual Studio, I only get "RunActivity.exe" file, but no "RunActivityLAA.exe" that I have in the stable version. Therefore I am unable to test my changes in the code with more complex activities.

Is there a way to let Visual Studio build also "RunActivityLAA.exe" that would support more memory?

You can probably script the operations but, to do it by hand you must first find the editbin.exe program which will be found within one of your Visual Studio folders.
E.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.16.27023\bin\Hostx64\x64\editbin.exe

1. copy Program\RunActivity.exe to Program\RunActivityLAA.exe
2. copy Program\RunActivity.exe.config to Program\RunActivityLAA.exe.config
3. editbin /NOLOGO /LARGEADDRESSAWARE "RunActivityLAA.exe"

Hope that helps,

#3 User is offline   CptLou 

• Apprentice
  • Pip
  • Group: Status: Fired

Posted 04 February 2021 - 12:35 PM

Thanks, that worked.

I downloaded MSVC v142 - Build Tools for VS 2019 C++ to get the editbin.exe into my Visual Studio installation, then performed your steps and now finally I'm not getting these Out of Memory errors.

This post has been edited by CptLou: 04 February 2021 - 12:36 PM

#4 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 05 February 2021 - 11:40 AM

View PostCptLou, on 04 February 2021 - 12:35 PM, said:

Thanks, that worked.

Great to hear that. And thanks for the way to get editbin.exe if you don't already have it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users